English File Pronunciation
By Oxford University Press
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The app that gets you talking.
Practise sounds, words and sentences and see your communication and pronunciation improve with the unique English File Sounds Chart. Switch between British and American English.
· Interactive Sounds Chart with 'click and listen' feature.
· Over 200 example words and 300 extra to practise in the games.
· Over 130 everyday sentences from English File.
· Record and play function for repeated practice.
· Pronunciation game with two play modes suits different learning styles.
· Suitable for use with New English File (second edition) and English file third edition.
Supported devices: Apple iPhones, iPod touch, and iPads running iOS 3.2 to 5.1
What's New in Version 1.1
The English File Pronunciation App now includes American, as well as British English sounds.
Very limited in use
English File (EF) Pronunciation makes individual sounds look more appealing with pictures to associate with sounds, but the overall organization of these sounds as a system is lacking. Basic listen and repeat exercises are supplemented with a simple recorder to compare your pronunciation with the sample recordings. The practice game is very limited with only one contrast in the demo version and a seemingly random mixture of multiple sound contrasts in the full version, with no ability to select target sounds or contrasts for practice. Learners seeking listening practice on specific sounds or contrasts will need to look to other apps. DJ Kaiser, PhD [For the full posting see the blog “Today’s English in the World.”]
Support iPhone 6
Support iPhone 6
And ios8 ✨
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 05, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 55.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Oxford University Press ELT
- © 2012 Oxford University Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.