Heading out? The Greek phrasebook / translator is your ideal travel buddy! This app is a Greek talking phrasebook and offline translator. It does not require an internet connection.
The Greek phrasebook / translator contains a list of 1300 english phrases, professionally translated into Greek. It is possible to listen to the pronunciation of each phrase.
Thanks to the multiplicity of its lexicon, the Greek phrasebook / translator is really indispensable for a traveller: the included phrases have been specifically selected for tourism and for short - middle term stays. The interface has been designed to be easily readable: the translated phrase is highlighted in red, so all you have to do in order to communicate is to show the screen of your device, and you will be understood in no time!
The Greek phrasebook / translator is also useful for language learning / improvement: you can save the phrases in a favorites section for easy access, and use them later to train yourself with the pronunciation.
So what are you waiting for? Download it now!
- 80 more phrases, access to the "All phrases" section and search function now available in the free version
- No more annoying banner ads in the free version
- Added the possibility to listen to the pronunciation of the phrases at a slower speed
- It is now possible to listen to the pronunciation of the phrases without navigating to the phrase detail screen
- Searched text highlighting for improved readability
- Easier favorites management
- Interface has been optimized for 4,7" and 5.5" inches iPhones, and for the iPad Pro
- Phrase sharing function added
Ratings and Reviews
I learned alot
Necessity of In-App purchases is annoying
It's a good app with plenty of useful phrases but you can't see beyond the "basics" section without paying. Also in order to have it pronounce many of the things you can see without paying you have to rate the app.
Developer Response ,
Leaving a review is totally optional. It is impossible to offer good quality apps for free.
Not good for English->Greek
Travelers beware! If you don't know how to read Greek, then this app is not for you. It only shows English phrases translated into Greek, alphabet and all. It would have been far more useful if they could add another line below the Greek written in the Latin alphabet.
Developer Response ,
We have already planned to insert greek phonetic transcriptions in the next version. And an advice like "travellers beware" looks a little excessive to us.
- Danilo Cimino
- 50.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010/2016 Gipsysoft - All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Multiphrasebook English / Greek PRO $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.