Listen to pronunciation, use visual cues, review your search history and share translations with your friends and followers. A comprehensive dictionary, rich in synonyms, designed to cover more than your basic reference tool. Allowing the user to easily identify difficulty levels, geographical region or idiomatic usage, thousands of terms are broken down and detailed for clear results and stress-free navigation.
Conveniently sized and intuitive, the Free Lite Dictionary App appeals to the bilingual public, regardless of their level of expertise.
For those learning English or Spanish, the perfect freebie that can’t be overlooked. Especially not when we outperform our paid competition!
Important: WORKS OFFLINE, Internet Connection required ONLY for images and spell checker results (limited resources). The Lite Dictionary does not allow for In-App Extension Purchase.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Over 49,000 entries, 49,000 translations, 72,000 synonyms
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
- Translations, Synonyms and Pictures
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 9,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
• Fixed freezing problems on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
I thought this app would be a good resource to do my spanish hw, but every time I search a word it takes forever to load and claims that the word "flower" is not in it's dictionary. Don't download this app!
I am learning Spanish!
This app allows me to learn and practice speaking new Spanish words.
Wonderful app for educators
- Word Magic Software Ltda.
- 22.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Word Magic Software Ltda.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.