English Spanish Dictionary - General
By Word Magic Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WORKS OFFLINE With over 718,000 entries, 524,000 translations, 558,000 synonyms, 98,000 definitions and 40,000 examples, voice feature and a huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages, this is the best Spanish to English and English to Spanish Dictionary App you can find.
Recommended in the Store. Bilingual voice options for regional pronunciation and easy-to-follow verb conjugations create an interactive learning experience. Definitions and added examples are included in both languages and all terminology shows detailed classification, making gender, noun type or parts of speech easy to identify. Internet connection needed only for voices, images and spell-check.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses. Even the Spanish VOS conjugation is included.
• 2 million+ Spanish conjugated verbal forms fully identifiable as dictionary entries, plus another two million plurals and feminines of nouns impeccably inflected in Spanish with their exact equivalencies in English
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish.
• Covers American and British English.
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American and British English. (Optional In-App purchase)
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain. (Optional In-App purchase)
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations (even with a misplaced or a missing accent).
• Identically spelled words in both languages are displayed twice in the List (each with a flag).
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations (Optional In-App purchase)
• 40,000+ famous quotes in both languages. Linked to root words.
• Optional display of syllable separation (Spanish words).
• Delete all favorite words with one button
• Shake for random word.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History - share by email.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Dropbox - Sync your favorites among your devices.
• Customize using available themes and fonts.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc.
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification, indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 55,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin. (as separate In-App purchase)
- 4,500 + new difficult words (as separate In-App purchase)
Voices by iSpeech.
What's New in Version 7.8.5
What's new in version 7.8.5:
* Fixed problem with wrong verb conjugations appearing on catalog
* New! Now irregular Spanish verb conjugations are shown in a different color
* New! Now you can customize the order of verb conjugation tenses and hide the ones you don't need
* New! Now you can search easily the reflexive/non-reflexive form of Spanish verbs
Best for the US West
Of all the fine dictionaries available on iTunes that I've tried, this is my favorite. It's clean in it's design, easy to use, accurate, educational, and includes Mexican as well as Spanish idioms and vocabulary. It has never failed to give me a translation either. Clicking on the speaker icon gives me a good audio example of how a word is pronounced by a native speaker. Almost all of the Spanish we encounter here on the West Coast of the USA is Mexican, Spanglish, or Central American. This is the app I'd recommend to my friends.
Big dictionary very scholarly. I purchased this app about a year ago and then upgraded to get all of the optional dictionaries of legal, medical etc. I am a full-time professional Spanish/English interpreter and I have used this application hundreds of times. As you might imagine if a full-time professional interpreter does not know a particular word it is by definition somewhat obscure. I recommend this app to all of my colleagues who are professionals as well.
This is a good on-the-go resource for those who need a good working vocabulary when internet isn't always available. It seems a bit odd that you would need to pay for example phrases, but that is the prerogative of the developers I suppose. I would recommend this app to my friends, as I haven't found a comparable one for a lower price.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 30, 2016
- Version: 7.8.5
- Size: 604 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Word Magic Software Ltda.
- © 2016 Word Magic Software Ltda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Additional Examples$1.99
- All Dictionaries$11.99
- Flashcards and Favorites$1.99
- Difficult Words$1.99
- Phonetic Transcription (IPA)$1.99
- Medical Dictionary$4.99
- Business Dictionary$3.99
- High Tech Dictionary$3.99
- Birds Dictionary$1.99