Including formal and informal synonyms, with terms and usage clearly labeled by country, our content is more detailed and better categorized than the competition, both in English and Spanish. With options for user customization and historical search records, we present the only law dictionary in the market which encourages an interactive experience, including verbal and visual aids.
Members of the legal field know there is no place for guess-work when it comes to terminology and translations. Word Magic continuously updates and upgrades our products, guaranteeing they will reflect current and correct usage.
As a legal professional with international dealings, or as a student branching out into a new language, you will need a comprehensive tool that will permit accurate command in a complex field.
WORKS OFFLINE. Connection required only for images and spell checker.
• New! You may also merge these Legal terms to our General Reference Dictionary in order to have a single application (General + Legal terms). Available as an in-app within the General Reference Dictionary
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• Vast and detailed database, with over 82,000 entries, 141,000 translations, 166,000 synonyms and 18,000 antonyms.
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 2,100 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
• Important Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
What's new in version 8.4.0:
* Fixed problem with landscape orientation in iPhone
* Hundreds of addition and corrections to the database
* Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Your app is the best legal dictionary
Your app is awesome and a very handy tool for court interpreters.
Not very complete !
It is not very complete. I’m surprise not to find quite a few basic legal entries
As long as you open your mind to search options, you'll find everything in this dictionary
- Word Magic Software Ltda.
- 46.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Word Magic Software Ltda.
- In-App Purchases
- Additional Examples $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.