By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With daily games at 17 difficulty levels, novices and expert players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
For unlimited puzzles, check out our other Sudoku products: :) Sudoku + (paid) and Sudoku Joy (free).
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Use our hints to ease those frustrating moments and to learn how to be a better player.
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and coloring
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku daily, this is the app for you!
What's New in Version 5.2.7
Improved compatibility with newer versions of iOS.
Added support for split view multitasking (when available).
Fixes disappearing digits in wild and weird play.
Fixed on/off sliders in Settings sometimes getting "stuck".
Forcing the screen orientation is no longer available. Please use the system supplied orientation lock.
Now requires iOS 8 or newer.
This has all the options, and more!
This is the absolute best Sudoku app - and I've tried a bunch of them trying to get one I like! It has options for EVERYTHING, including all the different ways to do pencil marks! You can set "pick a number, then a cell," or vice versa! Best of all, the hints can do everything from a simple "is board solvable (do I have anything wrong)" to "undo until solvable" (!) to "hint" - which will then lead you through AND TRAIN YOU on advanced solving techniques! Absolutely amazing app! The free version gives you one of each game each day, which is a good hour+ of play time, but it'll be worth paying for the full version just because this is SO GOOD!
I've had this app for a long time. Fabulous free app. While it is missing some features of some other sudoku apps, it also doesn't have any of the really annoying things they have.
I don't mind adds on a free app. In fact expect some. But too many free apps become nonfunctional because of all the adds and other bs 'features'.
Love that this app is keeping it real and clean
Well made app to play and learn Sudoku
This app is very well made. Not only is it easy and intuitive to use, it is also flexible with varying difficulty levels and assistance options. In addition, the tutorial features are great for learning new Sudoku tricks! Ads are non-obtrusive which keeps the app free while allowing you to use it properly without annoyance.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 09, 2017
- Version: 5.2.7
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2008-2017 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.