:) Sudoku +
By Jason Linhart
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With unlimited play at seventeen difficulty levels, novices and experienced players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku +. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Enter games from the newspaper
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and XY-Chains
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku, this is the app for you!
What's New in Version 5.2.6
Minor bug fixes.
Updated in 5.2.5:
Improved compatibility with newer versions of iOS.
Added support for split view multitasking (when available).
Fixed on/off sliders in Settings sometimes getting "stuck".
Forcing the screen orientation is no longer available. Please use the system supplied orientation lock.
Now requires iOS 6 or newer.
Free version is so good I had to upgrade
I've been playing this for a while. I have another free version on my phone, and it has two big drawbacks: 1) lately it is inundated with ads, and 2) if I'm stuck, I can reveal the answer but I don't learn anything.
This version is great because if I'm stuck, there are tutorials, which get more and more in-depth. For a while I didn't understand about the "fatal combination" or whatever it's called -- what it is, there are some number patterns that would allow for two correct solutions. The pure Sudoku always has a solution and only one solution. So in addition to not having two of the same number in a row, column or rectangle, I also can't have a situation where there's more than one possibility. I'm learning. (Slowly). The tutorials proceed slowly, so if I get it sooner, I can return to the game sooner.
Great brain exercise
I really enjoy this app. I spend hours and hours on it, in between whatever I'm doing. I prefer this as a brain exercise. It's fun and challenging. My only feedback: the tutorials don't always make sense, so it's sometimes difficult to progress to more advanced levels as a result. You can always google for other resources, but if this is going to be a 5-star app, it should do a better job in this category. I would also have a sound option that plays a chime or something when you complete a puzzle. That would be fun 😊
Fully featured app including a huge range of difficulty levels, well explained hints (for when you get stuck at the higher levels), large assortment of fun variants, and a teaching mode that helps you develop techniques to handle even the most challenging levels. Choose to just relax with the easier levels, or pop a sweat working the top levels. Snag an interesting puzzle from a publication (via camera or direct entry), then solve it while on the move as spare moments allow.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 24, 2016
- Version: 5.2.6
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Linhart
- © 2008-2016 Jason T. Linhart
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.