By Varietas Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
eNotify provides private and secure direct local notification for incoming email, phone calls, and battery and cellular data usage. Highly configurable, eNotify supports complex rules with custom alert sounds for different accounts, senders, subjects, recipient addresses, callers, battery events, and cellular data events. Easily silence day-to-day background noise and stay aware of those important emails and calls! Never worry about a low battery or running over on your data plan!
- OVERVIEW -
Want to be notified in a unique way when certain important emails arrive? Find yourself constantly checking your email each time that ding announces itself? Want to make sure an important phone call can pull you out of a meeting? With eNotify you can configure any of 150+ built-in custom audio alerts (including subtle professional tones as well as entertaining ones) to help you stay aware of important messages, and even purchase new tones in our market! In addition to the built-in sounds, you can add your own mp3 files via iTunes file sharing or record your own voice notice within the app for specific needs.
Unlike ALL the other "push email apps" which require you to forward all your email to their external servers or provide them with your email account login information, eNotify does it's work *entirely* on your device, working in the background. Your email is safe and your data never leaves your device. None of your information is ever sent elsewhere. Period.
In addition to email messages, users can connect eNotify to a VoIP phone service to help those important phone calls reach through the static. Special phone numbers can be configured to override the device silent switch, making sure that you respond when you need to.
The best way to configure eNotify is to set the standard Mail app to check Manually, with Push disabled, and to disable the built-in new mail sound. This allows eNotify to alert you when new mail arrives and the Mail app will download the messages when you open it. This conserves battery life and generally provides the best possible user experience.
- FEATURES -
* Starts and runs continually in the background as a service.
* Maintains constant email awareness.
* Provides "on call" priority to configured incoming phone numbers.
* Works with any VoIP service that allows 3rd party SIP connections.
* Works with all IMAP accounts. This *also* includes Exchange servers which have IMAP support enabled.
* Works with Exchange directly via Exchange Web Services (Exchange 2007/2010)
* Works with all POP3 accounts. Supports Yahoo, Hotmail, and more!
* Supports IMAP push email! Get your email notices immediately and without polling!
* Custom alert for messages marked as high priority!
* Supports scanning multiple IMAP folders for new messages. (Configurable in account setup window)
* Pick from one of the 150+ built-in sounds, add your own custom sounds via iTunes file sharing, or record your own alerts
* Set custom sounds for individual accounts, senders, subject key words/phrases, recipient key words/phrases, incoming calls, battery levels, and data usage
* Remove distraction by setting lower priority senders/callers, frequent spam phrases, or mail lists to ignore for later viewing.
* "Do Not Disturb" setting automatically silences all email notices during your configured time period.
* Configure certain alerts to override the device silent switch!
* Option to completely ignore, show only local notice (silently), or vibrate on alert, in addition to sound options.
* Completely private! Your data/email NEVER leaves your device!!
++ NOTICE: eNotify ONLY works on devices which support app multitasking! (No 3G or original touch) ++
NOTE: eNotify uses portions of the Open Source ReMail project as well as libetpan for IMAP email support. Special thanks to DINH Viet Hoa for his support in modifying the project to suit eNotify's needs.
What's New in Version 3.6.9
* Fixed issue with user custom recordings
* Fixed issue where spoken alerts played in slo-motion.
Nice that this app overrides the "silent" switch. App needs improvement from a filtering perspective. For example, if I want an alert to fire when "Assist Rapid Response" I will get an alert on ANY email that has any of the words in it. It also appears it doesn't matter what email FROM you set as it only looks at the words in the profile to alert on. Support website has no examples for clarification as well. This app has potential.
20th century technology
Not much better than using the iPhone's VIP list to control notifications to watch (in my case, Pebble).
No evidence of dynamic learning, or anything more than pattern matching on senders, subjects.
Pebble watch app has no ability to actually manage email - can dismiss eNotification, but still must go and handle email. You end up having to touch email 3 places: watch, the eNotify app, and the actual mail app. Maybe four, with phone notifications.
Perhaps worth it if you are on call, need to respond ASAP to email from certain customers. Not worth it to me, as a way of handling email overload.
Would be more useful if it could handle text messages.
Drains battery, both on iPhone and on Pebble watch.
Overall: don't waste your money.
Finally Had to Delete App
Going back to my original rating of 1 star of less. Support did get my questions answered and I was able to get the app to work for maybe 1 day. Since then the app has stopped working more than it has stayed working and now I simply can’t get it to work reliably at all.. I have removed the app all together and just gone back to VIP in IOS. I am using a iPhone6 plus and the problem I have run into now are.
1. when on silent the totally doesn’t work
2. When the app triggers in the middle of a call initiated by the iPhone the other person can no longer hear the conversation and the call needs to reinitiated.
3. The scheduling doesn’t work
4. The app will not override silent setting on phone.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 03, 2015
- Version: 3.6.9
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Varietas Software, LLC
- © 2014, Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Urgent Pack 1$0.99
- Professional Pack 1$0.99
- Professional Pack 2$0.99
- Funny Pack 1$0.99
- Boom Pack 1$0.99
- Death Cough$0.99