Entry allows you to easily join a Google Hangout attached to an event created with Google Calendar. No need to open each meeting in the Google Calendar web interface to use the Hangout link anymore! Upcoming Hangouts are available quickly from the Mac menu bar. Joining any scheduled Hangout becomes as easy as one click.
All upcoming Hangouts will be displayed with the following actions:
• Click the Hangout button to immediately join the Hangout
• Click the Hangout ID to quickly copy the URL for sharing
• Click anywhere else to open the event in Google Calendar
• Click the plus to start a new unscheduled Hangout
The following additional options are also available:
• Show all day events
• Show meetings without hangouts
• Optionally load at startup
• Updated colors for dark menu bar mode
• Updated for macOS Sierra
Ratings and Reviews
Does it’s job; could be better
Overall works well, but two issues make this somewhat frustrating to use:
a. Doesn’t handle overlapping meetings very well. So if you have two things scheduled at the same time, it doesn’t show both of them, and instead randomly picks one.
b. If you ever connect to an internet connection with a sign-in gate (eg. at an airport), this goes OFF the hook! It pops up an error message saying that it was unable to connect. If you press OK, the dialog pops up again. It keeps repeating over and over, locking your screen’s focus on it. You have to find a way to remember to kill it before connecting to a hotel or another foreign network...
Great for Google Apps on Mac
My company uses Google Apps for Business for email and Google Hangouts for their internal meetings. I prefer using a 3rd party app for email however every email client I tried did not have the option to click through to the Google Hangout. Entry provided a simple and reliable solution to this issue. I’d hightly recommend.
Does what it says
I’ve only used it for a bit but it seems to do what it says.
* Shows upcoming meetings.
* Easily start scheduled hangouts.
* Easily start new hangouts.
* Doesn’t consume too many resources.
* If you use a dark menu bar, the popup colors look messed up.
* If you click outside of the popup, I expect it to close but it stays open until you click the menubar icon again.
* It does not show the date of events. It just lists the time.
* It does not show which calendar the event is in.
* It would be nice if it could also update the calendar entry to show the hangout link when you happen to be in the Calendar app.
* The developer’s website does not list an email address or support form for you to provide this feedback.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.