Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List
By Condé Nast Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the all-new Epicurious app with added free features and a fresh interface. The ever-popular cooking resource—over 10 million downloads—has been fully redesigned and reengineered for today’s home cooks.
· A whole new look and completely reengineered—it's even faster, friendlier, and more fun to search.
· Recipe Box sync is now FREE: all your recipes—from anywhere on the Web—saved and searchable in one place.
· Manage all your recipes and shopping lists from anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, and desktop.
· No more smudge-y screens: Voice-activated commands in the Cook Mode let you follow recipes while keeping your hands free for cooking (available only on iPad).
· New fonts and bigger pictures make cooking from iPhone or iPad even easier.
· Search more than 30,000 editorially tested and member-rated recipes.
· Get inspired browsing new categories like Chocolate Desserts, Kid-Friendly Mains, Gluten-Free, Stir-Fry Suppers, Low-Carb Mains, Healthy Dinners, and Hearty Sandwiches.
· The only app resource for recipes from the editors of Epicurious and Gourmet magazine, plus recipes from Bon Appétit, Self, Random House, and more.
· Read comments and suggestions by other home cooks like you on tens of thousands of recipes.
· Thousands of mouth-watering images by today’s top food photographers.
The new Epicurious app for iPhone and iPad requires IOS 7.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback and questions.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
-- Magically print recipes right from your iPhone or iPad to any wireless printer using AirPrint.
-- E-mail the full recipe text to anyone you want. (Even yourself!)
-- Speedier than ever -- we've improved load times for folks who are using older devices.
-- We fixed some pesky bugs and made it even easier to create an account to use your recipe box.
I used to use this ap all the time. Now it will only stay open every 6th or 7th time I try to open it--and "yes", I checked their FAQs to see if there was something I could do to fix the problem. Nope; I already stopped running my background programs. That's all the advice they had.
When it does open, I'm confronted with an ap whose design has taken a HUGE step back. There is less usable space on the screen now to enter your search criteria, and scrolling up, seems to be less efficient than to the side--the whole app just seems clumsier.
In not sure what made you guys want to redesign the entire ap (an ap that was the go to recipe finder), but your team failed on improving it. To make it worse, it is now unusable.
Not sure what happened to beta testing...but apparently you guys don't know what happened to it either.
Fixed recipe down load problem.
Update: Apparently, they’ve fixed their server problem, so I’ll upgrade from 1 to 3 stars. Still liked old version better.
Original app was great, sadly this one has major problems. Recipes not display, then do, then don't. No error messages.
Lost old data, log-in. Worked temporarily with new log-in, then showed zero recipes again.
Wasted time trying to find recipes I've saved or used before. FAQ shows lots of problems but solutions don't help.
Was my favorite...now deleted
This was the standout cooking app available. I used it all the time. Now to get to the dozens of recipes I favorited I have to create an account, or go pound sand.
The new interface would be great if you are 6 years old and added to which the intrusive volume of adds make cooking anything a total misery.
Clearly this app was designed by committee. A committee which did not include a single person who cooks.
Stay away from this disaster area and search the web. You can still favorite your recipes without having to create an account!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CondeNet
- © 2009-2014, Condé Nast Digital
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.