Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Episodes is an Mac-App which allows you to manage your favorite TV-Shows in a quick and easy way.
It features a powerful dashboard, which gives you a overview over all your favourite shows. It also allows you to play the next episode with one simple click from your hard-disk. It also tracks your viewing progress and shows you meta-data from TheTVDB.com.
If you have backed up your DVD-Sets to your computer, Episodes automatically assigns these files to an show and allows you to launch your favorite video player.
Episodes was designed for flexibility: It doesn't matter if your files are on your hard-disk, a network drive or an usb-drive.
visit http://the-skylab.de/episodes/ and check out our 108 second quick video tour.
Note: The Lite version is almost the same as the paid version, but has some limitations. You can unlock the full version from inside the app.
Please note: Episodes is not a video-player, you will need a installed player on your system (for example VLC, which is free). It also will not download any TV-shows.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Episodes 2.0 is a complete rewrite - from scratch. And its a free upgrade: Yay!
And: The lite version has less restrictions now. You can now manage more than only one show at once.
So, what’s new?
- A new progress-meter shows your progress of a show graphically
- get an instant overview on how much episodes you have missed or not haven't collected yet - and its animated!
- You can sort seasons ascending & descending now
- Added fulltext search in the Dashboard & overhauled the look & feel
- Added an UpNext-screen: shows which episodes are coming up next and the ones you have missed
- Episodes shows now notifications when a new episode aires - even if the app is not running
- Do you want to see that special episode again? You can tag them now with colors
- Sidebar was redesigned; uses now fancy animations and wastes less space
- Support for german air dates (thanks to serienjunkies.de)
- The show information screen was redesigned and looks just awesome now
- The wizard for adding a show was overhauled
- Added a wizard to add multiple shows at once using a folder on your disk
- Socialize: You can now share what you’re watching on all social networks
- You can now hide unneeded table columns in the show outline
- The next episode is now highlighted
- And much more!
Note: Trakt.TV scrooble support was temporary removed! It will be readded in 2.1 + full Trakt.TV sync.
Great app, have been looking for a long time for an app to track all my shows w/ a simple GUI. 5/5!
This app is great. It links all my files on my HDD and external drives to the metadata from tvdb and leaves me with a simple graphical view of my shows, a big upgrade from using Finder before. It’s simple enough that it automatically matches your files but unlike the huge apps with all the bells and whistles like xmbc, this requires little effort and all the info I want from an app like this. It basically just put a GUI to all my shows instead of using Finder. It moves shows with new episodes to the top, which is a huge plus, shows upcoming and most recent episodes, and is able to open VLC so I can view my shows. If you already have the episodes, or just want a TV guide app, this is highly recommended. I just upgraded to the full version (if you upgrade in-app then you will have a fully activated version of EpisodesLite, so I would suggest going to the Mac Store and upgrading by purchasing Episodes.app although both options will give you a full version).
Simple to use, and customer support is very helpful. Developer seems to be actively updating/improving as well.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 28, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Patrick Dinger
- © 2012 Patrick Dinger
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Episodes Lite Unlock$7.99