Epistory is an atmospheric adventure typing game that tells the story of a writer lacking inspiration who asks her muse to help write her latest book.
In Epistory you play the muse, a fictional character in a world where everything is untold. Your adventure begins on a blank page, but the world will soon become larger and livelier as you gather inspiration, solve its mysteries and defeat its enemies. From movement to opening chests and fighting in epic battles, every element in the game is controlled exclusively with the keyboard.
As you progress and explore the fantasy origami world, the story literally unfolds in the writer’s mind and the mysteries of the magic power of the words are revealed.
• Explore a beautiful paper craft world: play as the muse riding a giant three tailed fox, lost in a fantasy 3D world
• More than just typing: solve mysterious puzzles, unlock magic powers and defeat enemies in adrenaline pumping epic combats
• A writer’s block? Collect fragments and inspirations points to unfold the story as you explore the origami world in the writer’s head. But there is more to the story than meets the eye…
• All in keyboard: from movements, combats to even menus, control everything with a keyboard
• Adaptive difficulty: if your hands fly around the keyboard or if you are a slow typist, the game features a dynamic difficulty system that evolves to fit each players’ skill set
• Competitive Arena Mode: challenge other players for the top spot in the arena leaderboards
• Play in your own language: game texts are localized in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, and Czech with voice overs in English. The game supports several keyboard layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, BEPO, Dvorak, Workman and Colemak)
• Various bug fixes.
• Additional languages added
Ratings and Reviews
Ingenious way to turn typing practice into a game!
I really liked the concept of this game. It has wonderful graphics and interesting puzzles that make practicing your typing pretty neat. My only suggestion to these folks is that I’d like to see a similar game, but one where the game’s direction is somehow based on words you choose. More of a “story tutor” versus typing tutor. At any rate, this can be quite fun and has some challenging pieces. I will say, if you are looking for a regular game, with some kind of regular controls or mechanics, you should look elsewhere. If you want a game to practice your typing, this is definitely a must!
Great game, but...
This is a wonderfully designed game, but some updating may be in order. Occasionally, the ability to type will suddenly be disabled when it shouldn’t be (this is happening particularly often in the water temple, where it is impossible for me to advance after obtaining the ice magic power because typing the words on the ice is disabled for some reason!). After a future update makes the game fully playable for Mac users, this will absolutely earn five stars!
The game is absolutely beautiful with great music and a storyline that makes you want to finish it. My one complaint would be that while playing my map wouldn’t always work and it could be a little hard to navigate. Other than that I loved it and intend on suggesting it to friends!
- MP Digital, LLC
- 642.7 MB
- OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Fishing Cactus. Published by Plug in Digital. Published on Mac by MacPlay.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.