EpocCam Wireless Virtual Computer Webcam
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over 3 million users EpocCam is the most popular webcam app. EpocCam transforms your iOS device into wireless High Definition PC webcam for Windows and Mac OS X. Replace your USB-webcam and integrated webcams now with wireless high-definition webcam. It's also a perfect baby monitor, spycam, security camera and pet cam.
Setting up EpocCam is very simple, anyone can do it. Just download drivers to your PC/Mac and you're ready to go! Connection is fully automatic, no need for manual setup.
• High quality realtime video streaming to computer - quality comparable to most expensive USB-webcams
• Support both cameras - use device back camera for best quality and front-facing camera for easy self-portraits
• Fully replaces USB webcam or integrated webcam, works with all webcam-enabled applications
• Full Windows 8 support including Skype
• Automatic connectivity
• Over 20 feet wireless range (depending on signal strength)
• All data is secured with strong encryption to keep your videos private
• Use the flashlight in dark environment (EpocCam HD)
• Tap to focus and autofocus modes (EpocCam HD)
• Audio support, use your phone as a wireless microphone (EpocCam HD)
• Publish video to Syphon framework on Mac - use EpocCam as source to Isadora, Modul8, GrandVJ and other applications
"It’s as if you’re using a top quality webcam." -FindMySoft.com
"The resolution is a lot better than my integrated laptop camera and it is also wireless!"
"Having seen no reviews I was dubious!! Works great with Windows Live and Skype so I'm happy. Get involved."
"Awesome - Great app. Works as described. Idiot proof. Anyone can install it."
Install required Windows or Mac OS X drivers from http://www.kinoni.com. See http://www.kinoni.com/iphone for setup guide.
You may also like our Kinoni Barcode Reader app, it turns your iPhone into barcode scanner. Scan a barcode with iPhone camera and the data is immediately sent to your computer - just like using USB barcode scanner. Once you have set up EpocCam for your Windows PC you have also set up our barcode reader, it shares the same Windows drivers. Try it now for free, just click 'Developer Apps' link.
What's New in Version 1.9.2
-Screen stays on while recording
-iOS 9 support
It works, forced to write review, ADS!
UPDATE: I purchased the 5.99 version (red HD version) and the devs have not updated it since 2014 - it's now January 2016!
OLD REVIEW from 2014? - Upon installing the drivers, Norton Security removed the files as "Trojans" don't freak. They're false positives. Also, Windows 7 requires digital signatures on the software you install. You'll get a few warnings, but ignore them. After install, just open the app on your phone, open the software on your computer, make sure both devices are connected to the same network and you're good! But - if you want to use the FRONT camera, you'll be forced to leave an App Store review. (Hence this one) And now onto the Ads, there's a lot. But the App is free, so what can you expect. At the time of this review I'm using an iPhone 4S and the video is superior. Thumbs up to the devs.
This app stopped working properly in the first day tried it ! I JUST downloaded it his morning and it connected just fine and I was very happy, but I came home after school, tried to use it and it won't connect to my computer anymore, how disappointing. I've reinstalled the app on my phone but nothing, even turned my iPhone on&off again to see what was going on but again, nothing. This WAS a great app for the first few minutes I was able to use it, if the issue is fixed then I'll gladly use it again, but as of now it's frustrating since the setup guide pops up every time and after I close it the rings around the phone are gone. I kept re opening and closing the app but the same issue occurred. So disappointing, please fix.
Works but slow to connect
Getting the app and correct drivers was easy. After restarting the computer and re-reading directions, I got the webcam viewer on the PC going. The directions say that establishing the connection might take a moment. It was several minutes....I'd almost given up when it finally began working. Hopefully now that the devices have connected, it will be faster in the future. The image is clear.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 17, 2015
- Version: 1.9.2
- Size: 13.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Kinoni Oy
- © 2015 Kinoni
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.