EPOCH - Post-apocalyptic Robot Combat
Featured as "Game of the Week" on the App Store!
* IGN.COM - "iOS cover shooting done right".
* TOUCHARCADE.COM - "Cover never felt so awesome"
* SLIDETOPLAY.COM - "Combine the gorgeous look with the superbly tuned touch-screen controls and high level of replayability, and result is a great and unique iOS action game ..."
* GIZMODO.CO.UK - "EPOCH is the new cover-shooter king by several circuit-boards."
* POCKETGAMER.CO.UK - "re-imagining the genre completely for the touchscreen"
* APPOLICIOUS.COM - "It's an absolutely gorgeous game with fast paced visceral combat that keeps you on your toes, and it even has an interesting story thrown in the mix."
* GAMEPRO.COM - "...the game is an Unreal Engine-powered visual tour-de-force that is sure to impress both you and your friends."
UNRAVEL THE MYSTERY
Follow the echoes of a lost civilization in a visually-stunning post-apocalyptic world where only robots survive to fight a never-ending war. Fight towards your goal and piece together the fragments to reveal exactly what happened when the old world ended. Is this the dawn of a new Epoch? And how can you find the one person you were originally assigned to protect?
CHOREOGRAPH THE ACTION
Control your character with intuitive finger swipes. Make split-second tactical decisions, take cover, select targets, dodge incoming fire, utilize special abilities, and launch countermeasures!
DESTROY, SALVAGE AND UPGRADE
Battle escalating waves of robots in arena-style combat, and upgrade yourself with pieces torn from your fallen enemies! Configure your robot with dozens of weapons, armors, boosters and counters.
IMMERSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN
Fight in multiple locations across a vast and ravaged city, and gather fragments of the past with logs from a cast of characters, each with their own perspective on the apocalyptic events that destroyed a once-proud civilization.
STUNNING AAA VISUALS
Utilize the enhanced visual capabilities of the iPhone4S and iPad 2 with high-resolution graphics powered by the UnrealEngine, the same engine used to create the visuals of the award winning Infinity Blade.
About Uppercut Games
Uppercut Games is an independent game studio whose founders have a long development history, working on award winning games such as Bioshock, Tribes: Vengeance, Freedom Force and Fallout: Tactics.
Updated for compatibility with 64 Bit iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty, but far too short
When you play this game for the first time, all difficulties besides "Easy" are locked. On "Easy," almost every level in this game is a cakewalk, with the exception of the actually-somewhat-challenging final boss.
Then, when you beat the game, all the other difficulties are unlocked. Now, you can play the exact same levels you just breezed through, except presumably harder. I say "presumably," because after a d*** move like that, I'm not touching this again.
The sad part is that there are still a lot of collectible in-game logs to find on higher difficulties, and they're actually entertaining to read. But they're not worth playing the game itself. In retrospect, maybe the developers should have asked themselves whether, out of all the game mechanics the App Store sorely lacks, "cover shooting" was the one that desperately needed to be adapted.
I’ve played this on my old phone when the game first came out. I played it for ages and now I’m playing it again on a new phone. One thing I’ve noticed comparing the older version of the game is the lighting. In the old version, I could actually see what was going on on the screen, and in the scrapyard I could see what my robot looks like with different equippment. The new version of the game changed the lighting so much that everything is unnecessarily bright, there’s so much white on the robot, and it doesn’t look cool anymore when I put on different equippment. I wish there was an option to change the lighting effect.
Great 99 cent game
After you beat the game on easy, the Bots get tougher and tougher. Playing through the levels over and over is fun. Plenty of variety since there are ten levels with varied Bots to fight and weapons to dodge. Roll, jump, or take cover. You can customize your own Bot with upgrades. Seriously great game for the low price.
- Uppercut Games Pty Limited
- 266.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2011 Uppercut Games Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 100000 $4.99
- 500000 $9.99
- 1500000 $14.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.