Epocrates Medical References
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
1 out of 2 US physicians rely on Epocrates to enable better patient care by delivering the right information when it’s needed most.
Join over 1 million health care professionals worldwide who use Epocrates in the moments of care:
• Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
• Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
• Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
• Access timely medical news and research information
• Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
• Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
• Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
• New! Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging
In addition, disease information, clinical practice guidelines, alternative medications, lab guides, coding and more content is available by upgrading to an Epocrates Plus subscription. A one-year Epocrates Plus subscription is available for $174.99.
The cost will be billed to your iTunes account when your purchase is confirmed.
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription.
What's New in Version 17.10
Thanks for using Epocrates! To make your experience even better, we update the app regularly. Here’s what’s new:
Favorite your most used Calculators for quicker access
Other bug fixes and performance improvements
I first had this on my Palm Pilot@!
1) it is Free! But it is an excellent resource. I use it in my work, case management for individuals with serious mental illnesses and long hx’s of numerous medications. The ability to get a quick picture of med interactions helps in advising clients in looking at choices. I also use it in my personal life—it also has the Oregon Health plan formulary—an extra plus!! I highly recommend it (and often do, with work peers and other service providers. Did I say that there is a free version?
$175?!!! Health info should not be a profit driven
Shameful that the full app is $175. Per year! How about some ethical and moral leadership from the makers of this app by showing the world you can still make a ... um ... health profit with pricing strategies that aren’t cost prohibitive to the majority of the population? Surely the bright minds behind this app can identify partner organizations to help make this happen? Imagine what could happen if you tamed your profit quest and instead prioritized people’s health and ability to understand more about it? THEN you would start rewriting history. Beginning with this app. Good luck!
A must have for clinicians, has a great peds dosing calculator that makes it fast and simple. No more converting pounds to kilograms, type in pounds and the strength you want to use and boom: you have your amoxicillin dose.
Tells you what the drug is for, what dose you should use and how to write the prescription. Can’t make it any easier.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 17.10
- Size: 127 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Epocrates
- © Epocrates, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Epocrates Plus$174.99