Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
1 out of 2 US physicians rely on Epocrates to enable better patient care by delivering the right information when it’s needed most.
Join over 1 million health care professionals worldwide who use Epocrates in the moments of care:
• Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
• Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
• Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
• Access timely medical news and research information
• Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
• Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
• Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
• New! Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging
In addition, disease information, clinical practice guidelines, alternative medications, lab guides, coding and more content is available by upgrading to an Epocrates Plus subscription. A one-year Epocrates Plus subscription is available for $174.99.
The cost will be billed to your iTunes account when your purchase is confirmed.
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings. You can manage your subscriptions through your account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription.
Terms of conditions available at: https://www.epocrates.com/termsOfUse.do
What's New in Version 15.8
• Reintroducing ability to delete notifications
• Resolution for blank screen and intermittent crash glitches
• Fix for occasional freezes and lockouts during search
• Intuitive search results for misspelled queries
• Enhanced search functionality for brand name drug on generic drug cards
• Rx monograph formularies launch directly in browser
• Corrected authentication errors
• Additional bug fixes
TID + PRN
The only medical app do I use more than three times a day ... No others are even close! I've been using ePocrates for more than 15 years now: initially before smartphones, on a Palm Treo now on iPhone. Can't remember the last time I thumbed through a PDR or printed monograph; can't imagine a drug interaction search without it. It's a continually updated database that keeps getting better; though I do miss the differential diagnosis function of 8+ years ago; helped stir the brain matrix through symptom queries at various diagnostic tiers. Thanks for returning the 'delete notification' function; next step is to stop making me confirm the delete; my EHR already wears me down enough!
John Todd, Primary Care
My go to app!
I've had a subscription to Epocrates Essentials for many years. At this point, I don't know if I can calculate drug doses without it! ( I've tried - I've still got it, but this app is so easy to use to calculate dosages).
I use the BMI tool multiple times per day. I also use the bugs and drugs app, that's set to the isolates in my area.
I use the search feature to look up random rashes, syndromes, etc.
I'm a pediatric NP in a primary care environment. I couldn't imagine working without it.
I often use it to show patients what I'm talking about, and how I'm certain that their rash is 'X'.
I'm a beta tester for ICD-10. I looked at it quickly today. I'm not looking forward to October!
Great app. I have other medical apps, but have never used them. They sound good when I download them, but Epocrates is it for me.
And no, I don't work for the company, nor do I get any compensation! Just love the app.
Essential to medical practice!
This new version has a great new look and feel, and is quite easy to use. The multidrug interaction checker is one of the greatest clinical tools to cvome out in a long time. I wrote a review earlier pointing out what I thought was a failing of the new version, but find that I was mistaken, and it does everything I'd like it to do. In my clinical practice I use ePocrates many times each day, and I always have it with me on hospital rounds. I couldn't practice with the same accuracy and efficiency without it!!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 15.8
- Size: 51.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Epocrates
- © Epocrates, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Epocrates Plus$174.99