Typeset resolution-independent math expressions & equations using LaTeX markup. Edit equations. Export to a PDF or PNG, or drag and drop to another app (Pages, Word, Numbers, Keynote, iBooks Author, PowerPoint, etc).
* No LaTeX install requirement.
* No internet connection required.
* Equations are rendered as you type.
* Support many (but not all) commands available in LaTeX.
* Drag and drop, export as PDF (for best resolution), SVG or PNG.
* Syntax and bracket highlighting.
* Palette to help you recall commands.
* Save equations for later use.
* Drag PDFs created with Equation Maker back into Equation Maker to restore equation.
* Basic error reporting.
Note: to drag PDF equations from Pages back to Equation Maker: 1) select the PDF image in the Pages document and then 2) on the right select Image tab and drag the small PDF icon from Pages to Equation Maker (the rendering area).
* bug fixes (extra spacing bottom of equation in exports)
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I wanted!
This app is similar to the free LaTeXit but with several nice benefits:
1. the drag and drop feature is nice.
2. It can save your previously entered expressions so you can load them and continue editing. The save and load is a one-click interface that is very slick.
3. It doesn’t require you to have LaTeX on your hard drive, so if you edit LaTeX in the browser with an online service like Overleaf (which is awesome), then you can delete TeX off your mac.
It doesn’t allow draw and drop directly to Affinity designer (which is the best software for making vector illustrations), but if you drag to the desktop, it drops a PDF file there, which you can then drag into Affinity.
Basically, this is perfect for generating small snippets of LaTeX output for inserting into illustrations and presentations.
My favorite TeX math tool
I love this app. After 3~4 years, it’s one of the best things I have in my mac. It has a really beautiful UI that I love, awesome tools, simple and very useful. I one reviewed it and said I wish it had SVG output; now it has so thanks a lot, it's highly appreciated.
cannot do important latex features like tabular and multiline. Only for very basic equations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.