By Hokua Software LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Typeset resolution-independent math expressions & equations using LaTeX markup. Edit equations. Export to a PDF or PNG, or drag and drop to another app (Pages, Word, Numbers, Keynote, iBooks Author, PowerPoint, etc).
* No LaTeX install requirement.
* No internet connection required.
* Equations are rendered as you type.
* Support many (but not all) commands available in LaTeX.
* Drag and drop, export as PDF (for best resolution), SVG or PNG.
* Syntax and bracket highlighting.
* Palette to help you recall commands.
* Save equations for later use.
* Drag PDFs created with Equation Maker back into Equation Maker to restore equation.
* Basic error reporting.
Note: to drag PDF equations from Pages back to Equation Maker: 1) select the PDF image in the Pages document and then 2) on the right select Image tab and drag the small PDF icon from Pages to Equation Maker (the rendering area).
What's New in Version 1.2.4
* bug fixes (extra spacing bottom of equation in exports)
Just what I wanted!
This app is similar to the free LaTeXit but with several nice benefits:
1. the drag and drop feature is nice.
2. It can save your previously entered expressions so you can load them and continue editing. The save and load is a one-click interface that is very slick.
3. It doesn’t require you to have LaTeX on your hard drive, so if you edit LaTeX in the browser with an online service like Overleaf (which is awesome), then you can delete TeX off your mac.
It doesn’t allow draw and drop directly to Affinity designer (which is the best software for making vector illustrations), but if you drag to the desktop, it drops a PDF file there, which you can then drag into Affinity.
Basically, this is perfect for generating small snippets of LaTeX output for inserting into illustrations and presentations.
Very handy equation editor
Update: Great value! I like it more the more I use it. It’s more powerful than I realized when I left my first review. The sample LaTeX code built into the pallettes is great. I wish the interface were a little more polished, but for the price? Terrific.
Great combination of pallette editing and LaTeX editing. I teach high school math, and don’t really need the power of a full LaTeX install, but I love having the option of using the syntax for editing. Best of both worlds.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Jan 21, 2017
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hokua Software
- © 2015 Hokua Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor