Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Get your slice of the pie! EquiTable (formerly Equipay) solves the problem of splitting dinner bills AND economic discrimination based on gender and race, all in one. Just enter your info and EquiTable's ""affirmative fractions"" algorithm splits the bill based on wage inequality, as measured by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. You pay what you should to help solve the wage gap.
• Split any bill, large or small
• Counteract the entrenched discrimination that exists in our society
• Choose from several race options (more options coming soon!)
• Put your gender anywhere on the spectrum
• Hate equity? Protest the app within the app!
• Share on Facebook and Twitter that you helped solve the wage gap
• BLS data source: http://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/cps/highlights-of-womens-earnings-in-2014.pdf
What's New in Version 1.1
- The BLS be damned, we've added Native Americans
- You can now delete friends from the New Bill Menu
- Protesting is now easier, go ahead and try!
Love to hate men!
I love going to lunch using the money that my hard working husband earns for me with my feminista activists! I have been looking for a way to further segregate people by making them pay the bill based on an over generalized statistic of average income. Now if only there was a way that I could, as a trans-polygender fluid, demi-girl, black female, pay even less by taking advantage of my lunch partners sexual orientation. Girl power!
This is too funny
This is either satire ( I mean, it told me to read Jezebel ) or snowflake nonsense but either way I found an actual issue.
I was fiddling around with it, making different combinations. I paired Native American female and Native American male and the app crashed. I tried three times. It just couldn't handle the the lack of privilege. I was laughing really hard.
I'm not invalidating native Americans, but if your close with friends enough to go to dinner and split a bill, I assume the way you split it is how you guys do it it's not about race and gender, it's about love!
jesus christ people
This app seems to forget race and gender do not automatically determine a persons success in the world. It makes profound assumptions about everyone involved. Then, if you don't like the outcome of the bill there's an option to "protest" which then subjects you to obnoxious explanations of why you have it so easy and why you should play the vast majority of the bill. This app creates more racial tension than any one on the market.