Chart & record the interaction of students or colleagues to measure & graphically illustrate levels & types of participation. The instant analytics & animated playback at multiple speeds will help spur discussion & engage everyone in deeper reflection!
Effortlessly trace and assess your students' interaction, performance, and involvement! Classroom discussions, meeting debriefs, & post-observations will never be the same again!
With EquityMaps®, you can promote wider collaboration, engage students, and nurture reflection of teachers and students alike.
Track the nature of each participants' contributions with CheckNotes, available in the Premium version--gain access to 17 templates or create your own.
REFLECTIVE DATA AT YOUR FINGERTIPS:
• Simply tap on the participants’ icons when they speak and Equity Maps will do the rest by visually charting the interactions and calculating levels of participation for your group or class.
• “Playback” the diagram of interactions among participants in real time or in fast forward mode at various speeds.
• Use the record audio function and access selectable playback of individual participants to review your class or meeting—powerful for taking audio notes, or for reflecting on the dialogue of the group.
• The “Feedback Frames” provide key statistics for teachers, students or group members:
-Display statistics of total time and frequency spoken for all participants.
-Measure involvement based on gender within the class or group.
-View statistics of shared time and involvement.
-Premium Version - Quickly see characteristics of each participant's actions with Check Notes.
• Enhance your Socratic Seminars, Literature Circles, group discussions, Harkness®(*) discussions, or full classroom discussions.
• Monitor & assess Common Core Speaking and Listening Standards, ATL, or seminar criteria.
• Promote student involvement and self-reflection.
• Easily assess student participation and now even the nature of their contributions.
FACILITATORS AND GROUP LEADERS:
• Encourage deeper reflection of your group’s goals, norms and processes.
• Equity Maps is ideal for your collaborative work:
- Critical Friends Group® coaches & facilitators (CFG work)
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Collaborative groups and committees
ADMINISTRATORS AND INSTRUCTIONAL COACHES:
• Provide teachers with a visual perspective of their classroom instruction like they’ve never seen before!
• Revitalize reflective practices for teachers, present objective data to improve the scope and reduce anxiety of post-observation meetings.
• Make your classroom observations truly more meaningful and reflective.
• Gather objective data and access the “Feedback Frames” for deeper discussions about instructional practices, student involvement and classroom equity.
• Quickly set-up your class or meeting.
• Customize your own class layout in “class mode”—circles or semicircles.
• Select from a variety of table arrangements.
• Save classes and groups for easy access.
*The Premium Version is available with In-App purchase and currently adds the following features:
•Add up to 40 Participants
•Utilize the Checknotes function to track characteristics of participants' contributions
• Includes 17 Checknote templates / create custom templates too!
• Access additional data in the feedback frames
•Secure access to all future premium updates that are planned through to V3.
• Coming soon - Add custom tables !
At Equity Maps we believe that true collaboration is possible only when diverse groups of people come together in dialogue to inquire, create, problem solve, and innovate!
EquityMaps® is a registered trademark at the USPTO.
*EquityMaps has been developed completely independent of Phillips Exeter Academy and is not affiliated in any way with the academy.
Critical Friends Group® is a registered trademark of the National School Reform Faculty (NSRF®)
Improved Checknotes - easier to share the characteristics of students' participation
View Checknotes in List mode or Graph layout
Fixed bug with Feedback frame menu access
Preparing background work for custom table setting feature - coming soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Socratic Seminar rocked - will use for small groups.
I borrowed this app to use with my class - when I projected the stats w/n the feedback frames, the students were glued to the screen. "Koastas, look how much you spoke!" said one student; "I wanted to say more but didn't have a chance," said another. Will add Equity Maps to the other iPads in class and let the students chart their small breakout group discussions and I will be able to listen after. This will free them up to have their own space, but also allow me to see where they are at with their understanding of the text. Looking forward to seeing what you add next. Would be great to be able to share the report frames.
Great app for teachers!
This is an extremely useful app for teachers. I used the beta version as well, and I am really impressed by the final version. It was clearly designed by a classroom teacher. My Grade 10 English students were surprised by the equity charts, and I noticed a big difference during the follow-up Socratic seminar. I was also impressed by how much this app helped me to grade classroom discussions. The new update is excellent—the ability to comment while recording means that I no longer need to keep written or typed notes. I am able to pay more attention to the class seminar.
Love almost everything, but...
I'm looking forward to using this in the Harkness discussions in my English class this year, however, there are two features I would love to see developed in the future. First, the ability to produce a shareable report from the analytics to include with my students' rubrics so that they know what to work on would be really helpful. Second, I usually take notes on what each individual student contributes; it would be great it that were an option when clicking on the check notes for each participant. Otherwise, this app has some terrific features!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.