NOAA Radar and Satellite
By Elecont LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
eRadar HD is a great application for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that displays animated high-resolution weather radar and satellite cloud images around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way.
You will get real time detailed, stunning and sharp images on top of zoomable maps for not only rain and snow, but also tornados and hail. Here are some example images from the weekend and as recent as few hours ago dealing with Hurricane Sandy. The data is provided by NOAA's National Weather Service.
Satellite images provide an excellent view on the clouds in the sky and an indication of the weather over the North American continent, Europe, Japan, Australia and Indonesia.
The app also allows you to check the weather on your favorite places on maps. Interactive map includes live international weather conditions, local weather and time, ten-day forecasts and sunrise/sunset times for multiple places. You can add placemarks on the map to represent your favorite places or the places you’d like to visit. At a glance you can see the time and weather for all of your favorites.
Radar map shows areas of current precipitation. A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
Satellite images come from satellites which remain above a fixed point on the Earth (i.e. they are “geostationary”). Lighter areas of cloud show where the cloud tops are cooler and therefore where weather features like fronts and shower clouds are.
* High resolution animated radar. Stunning and sharp images.
* 4-km high resolution cloudy-sky images.
* Current weather directly on the map. 130,000 locations worldwide.
* Current weather details and ten-day forecast in pop-up window.
* three different layers to get the weather: ground stations, radar and satellite.
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* displays current position on the map
* saves and restores your last position
* adjustable radar image quality for Wi-Fi and cellular connections
* faster even when on 3G or EDGE networks
* multiple map styles - terrain, satellite or standard
* Requires any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 4.3 and higher
* Retina display support
* Snow/Ice/Rain Radar
* NEXRAD, N0R, base reflectivity, filtered data
* Satellite data comes from GOES 13, GOES 15
* Radar images delayed 4-8 minutes due to nature of data transmission
* Satellite images delayed up to 40 minutes
What's New in Version 1.6
• Animated satellite cloud cover for Europe, Japan, Australia and Indonesia
• iOS 7 support
• New way of finding and adding places
• The application size reduced by almost 15%
• Also included are some small fixes and performance improvements
Best Weather App that is On the Market
I open the eRadar HD App every morning so I know whether to plan indoor or outdoor activities. I see improvement with the graphics and accuracy of the forecasts with the latest updates. I've used several weather Apps and this one is the easiest to configure. The App is very responsive using the iPad Air.
Radar for Boating
Great app for boating. Keeps you in front of the line at the boat ramp when storms move in. EVERY boater should have this app!!!!
Quick and easy. Great zoom.
This is a great little app. Powerful. So simple, yet great info that's accurate and specific.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 31, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Elecont LLC
- © 2007-2014 Elecont LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.