By Nine Muses
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Erato is a gorgeous Markdown composer with live preview!
It offers full support for regular Markdown syntax, GitHub flavored markdown, YAML front matter and parts of the MultiMarkdown specification.
# Smart composer
- Syntax highlighted Markdown
- Autocompletion for lists, task lists and block quotes
- Automatic indentation for code blocks
# GitHub flavored Markdown
- Fenced code blocks
- Task lists
- Friendly line breaks
- Automatic escaping_of_underlined_words
# Support for commonly used MultiMarkdown features
- YAML front matter support
- Create your own Erato themes
- Both the composer and the preview can be toggled on and off when you need to focus.
- Document export as HTML or PDF
# Built with modern technologies
- Full retina support
- Autosaves your documents: you won't lose your work
- Versions: access older revisions of your document
- QuickLook support
I love to hear your feedback! Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- Fixed window bug when the application was quit in fullscreen mode
- Fixed crash occuring on large documents
- Fixed checkitem click bug
Great Markdown editor!
I was looking for an app that would make writing and previewing Markdown easy, for me and for my non-technical staff. This app fits the bill perfectly.
My favorite features:
* Github-flavored Markdown support
* The ability to edit and watch your changes appear as you type
* It tracks file changes, so you can edit in an external editor (I like Vim) and Erato will refresh when you switch back to it
* There’s also a preference setting that will sync the scroll position in the editor and the preview