** Please read requirements and limitations before purchasing **
More information is available at concept2.com/ergdata
ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. For full use, ErgData requires a connection to a Concept2 Indoor Rower, BikeErg or SkiErg. This may be either a wireless connection to a Concept2 PM5, or a special cable for PM3 or PM4. Once connected, ErgData provides additional statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model), SkiErg or BikeErg with PM3, PM4, or PM5 monitor.
Note: Updating the firmware (software) in the PM3, PM4, or PM5 may be required.
- iPhone 4S or later, or an iPod touch 5 or later. iOS 9 or higher.
- If using a PM3 or PM4 a cable may be available from liverowing.com
- If using a PM5 then a connection may be made using Bluetooth Smart instead of a cable. A firmware update to the PM5 may be required for all Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs shipped before Jan 1, 2015.
See concept2.com/ErgData or email email@example.com for more detailed information
- Displays your workout data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
1) Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, Calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
2) Screen showing:
-> Drive Length
-> Drive Time
-> Average Force
-> Peak Force
-> Drag Factor
-> Stroke Count
- Replaces your LogCard: ErgData logs all your workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information. (Suggestion: Do not use LogCard with ErgData or this feature will not work)
- Syncs workouts with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Works with the Health app. Saves heart rate, Calories and basic workout data. Syncs with the user's weight.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
- Collects heart rate information from PM4 or PM5 when the PM4 or PM5 is connected to a heart rate measuring device.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen.
There are some things about Concept2's LogCard that ErgData does NOT do:
- ReRow workouts
- Store Favorite workouts
- Store Game scores (like Fish Game)
Use NFC to connect to newer PM5 (requires iOS 11 and iPhone 7 or greater and PM5 with Green Concept2 Logo).
German, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Dutch, French, Slovak and Spanish language support.
Improvements for iPhone X.
Fix crash with syncing with LogBook on RowingCoach created workouts.
Indicate BikeErg and SkiErg when saving workouts to Apple Health.
Fix bug with workout synced down without a time zone.
Ratings and Reviews
Love my Rower...App not so much
I am fairly new to indoor rowing and love my C2 rower. The app is fine for why I got it. I use it to upload my row data to my online logbook but being new to rowing I wish it could offer tips on improving my sessions based on my results. I’ve been looking online to better understand what all the numbers mean but it would be cool if I could get the info from the app. I would love if this would work with my Apple Watch too; depending on where I have my rower sitting I sometimes have to set my phone in odd spots so using it on my watch would be awesome.
Sadly the app doesn’t represent the Concept2 brand as well as it should but it’s a good basic app.
Like The App for Rowing
This app works well with the PM5. It connects right away after turning wireless on with the PM5 buttons, displays live in data on the phone so I can see more stats at once. The app also exports to Apple health automatically which is very convenient. My calorie counting app automatically imports from Apple health so tracking workouts is automatic. The app also corrects for user weight in the calories burned estimates so I don’t have to manually convert!
The app interface is very simple with no real time plotting or racing. Just a display, logger, and auto sync to Apple health. Syncing to C2 logbook is manual but quick.
Needs a serious update
I have 3 Concept2 ERGs (rower, ski, bike). If Concept2 wants to maintain its reputation it needs to recognize that a good app is a minimum requirement to provide the kind of value your customers want. This app doesn’t qualify. Here are some of the things missing. 1. A portrait mode. It is incredibly annoying. 2. Explicit and serious support for the BikeERG. 3. An Apple Watch app. There are more but I will stop there for now. We’re in a connected world and the PM needs to make that connectivity seamless. This app is the closest thing to enabling that but it’s other flaws make it too annoying to use. Charge for it if you have to. Or, make a “pro” version that you charge for. Please just make it better.
- Concept2, Inc.
- 17.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Concept2
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.