Errands To-Do List
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone and iPad
• Supports iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad).
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other support info.
What's New in Version 5.0
• Ready for iOS 11 (64-bit)
• New calendar display (swipe up/down to move between months)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please spread the word to your friends and be sure to write a review on the App Store if you are so inclined ... it is greatly appreciated!
Software finally got an update after 3-4 years, but . . .
I have been using Errands for a number of years now and generally enjoying it and finding it useful. With its first update in years just a few days ago, there are a number of changes to appreciate: a viewable and much more user-friendly calendar; more tasks viewable on a page; the opportunity to divide a task into sub-tasks, etc.
One thing that worked fine before but is now a source of frustration is how one moves a task from one day to another. Previously, one could click to open a task, then click a red arrow "quick schedule" button to move the task 1, 2, or 3 days or 1 week later. This change was relative to the date of the task as scheduled and was simple and easy. Now the choices are "Schedule for today," "tomorrow," "+2 days," "+3 days," and "+1 week," all of which is relative to today only. So, if you have a task scheduled next month that you would like to move 2 days later, it will instead move it 2 days later *this week*. In order to fix this, you have to take the extra step of opening up the whole task then opening up the full calendar to select the date you want. Grrr. Mr. Developer, if you're reading this, could you please fix this/change it back to the way it was before? I would be so grateful!
UPDATE: THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU!!! I'm doing the happy dance because you updated this app. It is my all-time favorite! I use it for ToDo's, grocery list, medical treatments, art studio inventory, vacation trips and so much more - it is invaluable. I think I bought this in 2010 & it's still my most useful all-in-one task managing list. I don't use the calendar, but now it looks really nice! Fabulous update and I really appreciate you getting this done in time for 64 bit because I was getting a little worried! You are awesome!
I have used this app for over three years now and find it to be the very best to do or anything else list out there! I gladly paid for this app - not because I was asked to, but because I wanted to reward the creator, it's that good. The only difference with the paid version is that you get iCloud sink which I absolutely love between my iPhone and my iPad. It will take a little effort to learn all there is to know about this app but it's well worth it!
I never rate apps, because I'm never blown away by anything. But, this app is different. The To Do list that I've been using for years is finally "dying," with the release of iOS 11. I had researched to find something comparable and downloaded Errands, as it seemed to be the closest thing to what I had - simple to use, and functional and useful features. I was so upset when the future of this app was in question. But, it's now fully updated and ready for iOS 11! THANK YOU! Now that I know it's sticking around, I'll be purchasing the premium version. (But, the free version is FULLY functional. I'm only purchasing it because I believe great developers should make money for making great apps.)
(The ONLY thing I am having trouble with is customizing the background color of my tasks. Once I exit the app, the colors go back to the default settings. The app is so perfect for me, though, I'm not knocking any stars off.)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 15, 2017
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Mandell
- © 2009-2017 David Mandell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium$4.99