Errands To-Do List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
• Full support for iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps to keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for some answers to Frequently Asked Questions and to get personalized support if needed.
SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS
I take pride in the software I write. Please use the contact form at yoctoville.com/support to contact me regarding praise, suggestions, problems, etc. I look forward to helping you get the most out of Errands.
Errands is in active development and frequent updates are in the pipeline.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Design refresh for iOS 7.
• Major improvements to Errands iCloud Sync for iOS 7 (easier setup, faster sync, more reliable).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Added Settings > General > Alerts & Sounds for full control (especially useful if you are running Errands on multiple devices).
• Many bug fixes and small enhancements.
• 4.0.2 fixes a few small bugs in the 4.0 release.
NOTE: Errands retains support for iOS 5 & 6, but the codebase and design remain largely unchanged for these older versions of iOS. It is recommended that you update to iOS 7 for the best experience with Errands.
** If you are enjoying Errands, please leave a new rating in the App Store. It really means a lot!
Best task app!
This app is amazing. The best task management program I have ever used. It fits my needs perfectly. The user interface is very appealing and easy to use. I love the customizable lists. It helps to categorize my tasks based on whether I am doing them at home, at the computer, if it's a phone call I need to make, or something I need to go out and do. I love that we can see which tasks are due today and which tasks are due in the near future. I finish the tasks I need to do today, then do whatever else I have time for. This app makes me feel less overwhelmed and has increased my productivity greatly.
I like that we can customize the sorting of our lists. Some bonus features I like - we can set up a task to be repeated as frequently as we like and as long as we like, we can postpone a task if need be, and we can add notes to a task as a checklist! So we can create a task with subtasks, and check off the subtasks as we complete them.
I have not tried to use the sync feature with this app, so I cannot comment on this feature. But my overall opinion is this is an excellent task management app, probably the best one out there!
Replaced Apple's Reminders App
I was using Apple's Reminders app to keep track of tasks and lists that I wanted to be notified about. Apparently I hit a storage limit with the Reminders app because it began to lag horribly. This became unacceptable so I searched for a replacement app. Errands fits the bill perfectly. It took me awhile to copy over everything I had from Reminders but it has definitely been worth it. No lagging or freezing problems whatsoever. I really like the "repeat" functionality which has significantly more options than Reminders for setting up repeating tasks. Also, it was kind of fun being able to add a picture to each folder representing the types of tasks or lists contained in the folder. I do wish the "Alert" setting had more "Remind" options for nagging between "every minute" and "every hour". Every minute is way too often. I would like to see options for every five minutes, every 15 minute, and every 30 minutes. Other than that, I really like this app.
My Most Used App!!!!!
I absolutely DEPEND on this app now. Errands keeps me scheduled daily, weekly, monthly & yearly. I have billing, cleaning, shopping, workout, daily, weekly, yearly, monthly, birthday, work & social categories. Each category has detailed tasks that I can easily check off as I go & the nag every hour sound effect matches the categories. OCD? Maybe but I have found so much more 'me time' in every day by just keeping to a reoccurring schedule. It's better than the built in iPhone calendar because I can see what is coming up the next day & week! I have master check off lists for all the stores I shop for food & sundry items. And by keeping to a room a day cleaning schedule, I can keep my house clean as if I had a maid by only doing a few of the tasks each week. Can you tell I'm obsessed? LUV that I can add photos. I only wish for more/better clip art and more sound effects but the ones they have are fun. Cat always comes looking for the screeching cat;) ❤❤❤❤❤
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 25, 2013
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Mandell
- © 2009-2013 David Mandell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium$2.99