Errands To-Do List
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Errands is a task manager with a pleasing design and is easy to learn and use. Crafted with a blend of basic and advanced features: Folders, Checklists, Task Images, Scheduling & Repeating, Alerts (alarms), Automatic Badge Updating, Calendar View, Mail Tasks, Multiple View Modes, Search and more!
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES
• The overall user interface is tastefully designed with careful attention to detail and functionality.
• A universal app with full support for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
• Full support for iCloud Sync (Premium). This allows you to keep Errands in sync on multiple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps to keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Alerts (reminders) for tasks, with choice of sound and several repeat options. Plus automatic updating of the app icon badge. Both of these work even when Errands is not actively running.
• Customizable folders, so you can organize your tasks to best suit your needs (for example, Work, Home, Errands). You can have as many folders as you wish and folder attributes (name, icon, checkbox) are fully customizable.
• A Focus Folder which is based on a "star" system. You can toggle the "star" state for any task by tapping on the star icon. When a task comes due it will be auto-starred. This makes the Focus Folder very useful for quickly glancing at what you need to do NOW. The badge icon will reflect the number of tasks in the Focus Folder, keeping you up-to-date on what tasks need attention.
• A monthly calendar view for tasks with due dates. To access it, tap on the calendar icon on the bottom toolbar. The calendar displays items based on the current folder you are in. To see all tasks, choose the calendar from the All Tasks folder.
• View options allows you to switch between normal view (4 tasks per screen) and condensed view (8 tasks per screen).
• Mail tasks (single tasks as well as entire folders).
• You can select from a built-in collection of image icons, choose a photo from your library, or take a new photo to customize your tasks.
• A unique feature allows notes to be viewed as a checklist. This is particularly handy for small shopping lists, multi-step tasks, etc.
• Tasks can be scheduled with a due date / time. There is a full range of repeating options.
• A convenient Recycle Bin allows you to easily create new tasks from previously completed entries. This is a big time-saver given that many tasks are things that are done again (and again). And saving data-bits from the virtual landfill makes you feel good!
• Tasks can be sorted by various schemes as well as arranged manually.
• Each task has a title along with separate detail and notes fields.
• Customize Errands to fit your tastes using the in-app Settings.
ABOUT THE PREMIUM UPGRADE
Errands is NOT a lite version or crippled in any way. It is the complete app! If you enjoy it, please consider purchasing the Premium Upgrade. It will provide food for me and my dog as well as support continued development. Thanks for your support!
HOW TO GET THE MOST FROM ERRANDS
• Explore the app, play around with its features and settings.
• There is a Mini User's Guide in the Settings.
• Please visit yoctoville.com for some answers to Frequently Asked Questions and to get personalized support if needed.
SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS
I take pride in the software I write. Please use the contact form at yoctoville.com/support to contact me regarding praise, suggestions, problems, etc. I look forward to helping you get the most out of Errands.
Errands is in active development and frequent updates are in the pipeline.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Design refresh for iOS 7.
• Major improvements to Errands iCloud Sync for iOS 7 (easier setup, faster sync, more reliable).
• Supports Background App Refresh, a new feature of iOS 7 which helps keep your devices in sync with each other.
• Added Settings > General > Alerts & Sounds for full control (especially useful if you are running Errands on multiple devices).
• Many bug fixes and small enhancements.
• 4.0.2 fixes a few small bugs in the 4.0 release.
NOTE: Errands retains support for iOS 5 & 6, but the codebase and design remain largely unchanged for these older versions of iOS. It is recommended that you update to iOS 7 for the best experience with Errands.
** If you are enjoying Errands, please leave a new rating in the App Store. It really means a lot!
Outstanding, Most-Used App
This is an excellent product (it's the app I use most, other than e-mail) which I "upgraded" because the app provides great value at any price and because I want to encourage the developer's business model that enables users to try the product and use it for free. The app is both simple and powerful. I hope only that the developer, David, does not over-engineer in future updates because I like the product the way it is, though given David's track record with updates, he will make incremental improvements on an already-great product. I don't know whether David is receiving the appropriate financial remuneration for his creation - all of us who use and love the product should provide him with the $3 upgrade - but I hope he knows that he has plenty of appreciative users of his product. It's my "go-to" app, and given the high rating and glowing reviews, I suspect that most users of the product feel the same way. Update: the upgrade is even better. My favorite feature is the checklist within the checklist. It's still my most-used app. Second Update: rather than over-engineer the update, the developer did an outstanding job of adding usable functionality, including re-usable checklists. I literally use it for just about everything I do. Third Update: it is still my favorite app that I use throughout the day. Fourth update: after several years, it is still my go-to and most useful app.
This app has changed my life!!!!!
I needed an app to
Help me organize my life in a simple non- irritating way. So I downloaded 3 do list type apps Errands is the one that I've kept and decided to use. I paid for the premium version to support the creator, not because the free version was lacking in any way.
As a busy chronically sidetracked homeschool mom with lots of responsibilities and activities to keep track of, I needed something awesome! I like that I can create folders of different types of tasks, like homeschool, housework, kids tasks, dog training, exercise/health,etc. in each folder, I can set due date and time, frequency, priority, recurrence, and I can set an alert for each task to remind me. And I can check them off too, which is a nice accomplishment. For repeat, I can either repeat every week or every week from the date of completion. Yoctoville thought of everything to make this so easy. It was a blast to set everything up as I thought of all the stuff I do on a regular basis, how frequently they need tone done, etc. I am no longer a frazzled, distracted, scatterbrained mom. I love this app; if I had to vote for one app that has changed my life and i couldnt live without, this would be it. Also use Alarmed which is also from yoctovilke.
Where have you been all my life?
After using many many apps to get organized and to stay on track of my busy life, I have finally found the Holy Grail of organization. After two weeks of using this I am in love. I am finally able to remember the tiny mundane details of my life that were slipping through the cracks. I am finally able for the first time to conquer Mount Washmore (The mountain of dirty laundry), remember school events, kids lunches, doctors appointments, hair appointments, shopping lists, and anything else that I would forget. My house is absolutely spotless. And I'm thinking about firing the cleaning lady.
The checklist format is AMAZING!!!! For me the idea of a to do list motivates me to get things done and the satisfaction of checking them off makes me feel like I am accomplished. The ONLY suggestion I would make is to be able to input the iPhone calendar into this app. There are events on Facebook that show up on my iPhone calendar that I have to transfer as well as family appointments made by my husband. If that was to happen, this truly would be the most perfect app EVER! Just to show my support, I upgraded and bought the full version to support the developer and his dog. Keep up the great work and keep the updates coming!!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 25, 2013
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Mandell
- © 2009-2013 David Mandell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium$2.99