eSkyGuide from American Express Publishing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
eSkyGuide from American Express Publishing helps you navigate changes to your air travel plans with convenient access to comprehensive and unbiased flight schedules, flight status and weather updates. It helps you get to where you need to be, regardless of the delays and disruptions that occur. When you’re traveling on important business, don’t get caught without it.
* Entire worldwide schedules are available at a glance – even if a flight is sold out
* Builds connections dynamically & displays the most efficient flight options
* Outlines meals, equipment information for each flight
* Allows for flexible display options by 1-day or 7-day look-ups, or by number of flight legs
* Displays flight status of all U.S. and many international flights
* Displays gate and baggage carousel information
* Provides up-to-the-minute updates and changes
* Displays current weather information at all major U.S. and international airports
* Provides 7-day forecasts
* Find the nearest airport to where you want to go, a beach, landmark, wonder of the world or just where your Aunt lives
* Maps orientation and distance from current position or selected location
* Provides airline, hotel, car rental reservations numbers
* Uses "tap to call" for convenient access to travel providers
What's New in Version 1.4
Updates to the internet detection code
Waste of Money
The "Advanced" Flight Search does not work.. Same message "No Flights Found"
User Interface is very poor. When pulling up a flight search it is much harder to filter when in a rush. The entire program looks like it was designed by an amateur. Take a look at ITA Software or FlightTrack for better iOS interface.
A couple suggestions that would really change my rating and make this all a big seller:
1 Weather Radar under your weather section, very helpful during summer months
2 Being able to save flight options under a history folder - every other app has this feature
3 FAA Airport Delays Section, needed when trying to come up with a plan B
***The AppStore doesn't mention it anywhere, but after later checking the website this is a yearly subscription?
I would not recommend until this App is updated, hopefully the developer listens to feedback
They must have fixed the problem
I downloaded this application a few days ago and have had absolutely no problems. I am using an iPhone G4 with updated software. The contact features and search features are pretty handy. One question I have is; where are the flight arrival and departure times coming from. When traveling with my previous app, FlightTrack I never would get a heads up on delays. In fact I was usually already aware of delays before FlightTrack posted an updated time. Let's hope that eSky is better.
It's useful but it's got bugs!
- Why is it every time I go "Advanced" it comes back with "No Flights Found"?
- Why is the default list sorted by arrival time? It's much more beneficial for pilots to organize it by departure time.
- Why won't it multi-task? When I double tap to use another app then return to eSkyGuide it's like I was never there!
Please fix these bugs ASAP and I'll change my rating to 5 stars.
As a bonus, if it's possible to include gate information that would make the app even better.