Esplorio - Travel journal,blog
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Esplorio 3.0 is the easy, smart and free way to track and share your travels. Automatically log the places you visit, map your routes with brilliant accuracy, and upload the photos you take into your own private travel journal.
In version 3.0, the friends and family you've shared your trip with can now leave likes and comments to let you know what they think :)
"The perfect digital travel companion" - Wired Magazine
"Esplorio works like a dream" - The Next Web
"I rather like Esplorio" - The Guardian
"Really cool product", "Great app, well executed", "This is an app I'm super excited about" - Product Hunt reviews
Just download, give Esplorio location and photo access, and go - Esplorio updates itself and saves your travel footprints automatically.
Travelling abroad? No problem, Esplorio doesn't need roaming data coverage to build your journal - it'll just sync next time you get internet access. You can view your GPS track and previously synced data anytime.
LIKES AND COMMENTS
Have an amazing trip you've shared with friends and family and want to hear what they think? With Esplorio 3.0 they can now share the love by liking and commenting on the posts in your trip :)
LONG BATTERY LIFE
Thanks to our unique Arc detection technology, Esplorio is the most battery-efficient of any all day tracking app for your paths without sacrificing any accuracy or detail.
We've tuned Esplorio for travel so the routes you take (even in cars, boats, and trains) will be recorded precisely, not just the rough directions. It works with jet skis and quad bikes too (we checked - not submarines though).
Find any place you’ve ever recorded on Esplorio or any of our other supported networks using the map with filters or free-text search. It’s the fastest way to share a place you love with a friend or be nostalgic about your travels on a world stage.
Don't speak the local language? No idea how to get some stamps? Got a great photo of you you want to send your grandma? Tap the … button next to any photo and send a real glossy postcard anywhere in the world in seconds using Apple pay or your credit/debit card!
Quickly adjust locations, times, and edit the photographs in your trips. Use TripIt integration to create trips and import flights from your itinerary. You can even add notes about each place and photograph, to further add to the narrative of your experience.
Add Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, Twitter, Flickr, TripIt and Picasa to your Esplorio account to make your chronicle even richer. Use your integrated social accounts to recover past journeys.
EASY TO SHARE
Esplorio allows you to share tours, trips, or moments privately or to the networks you wish.
Use Siri to open your favourite trips simply by saying "Show me my [trip name] photos on Esplorio"
Get tracks of your trips in GPX with more options and formats coming soon!
Esplorio is made for all travellers - sun worshippers, holiday adventurers, bloggers, and nomads alike. Call it your self writing life story, memoir, autobiography or automatic travel blog.
It is handcrafted with love, excitement and many cups of tea in Oxford, United Kingdom. You can even use Esplorio to track your Pokémon stops!
*This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life
What's New in Version 3.3.1
Another week, another release! Here's what's new:
- NEW: A users public profile now shows their public trips. To get to someones public profile, tap the profile picture in their trip.
- NEW: Venue details are now added to individual diary entries. Tap the comment button on any post to get there :)
- FIX: We've also thrown in a good helping of general fixes and stability improvements
==== PREVIOUS RECENT RELEASES ====
3.3 We've thrown two new things into this release that we think you'll enjoy!
- NEW: Some of you have been asking for an option to set the date and time of new diary entries and I'm happy to say that this is now possible! To do this, tap the "Change" button on the bottom right of the when adding an entry to your diary.
- NEW: We've polished up the trip list, making sure it looks as good as your trips do :)
3.2.2 Friday fix time!
- FIX: There was an unusual situation where sending a postcard would cause a crash. This should now be fixed :)
- FIX: We fixed a rare crash that occurs when writing annotations.
3.2.1 This release is for all you iOS 11’ers out there.
Some of you have reported that upgrading to iOS 11 has unexpectedly reset photo permissions for all apps, which is why we’ve quickly updated the app to request for photo permissions again.
After upgrading, please give Esplorio the photo permissions it needs to make sure your travels are being journaled properly :)
3.2.0 This feature is about putting the final touches on some of the awesome new features we recently introduced and making it easier for you to get the help you need!
- NEW: Simpler notifications
Tapping a post notification (from when you get a like or comment) will now take you straight to the relevant post, guaranteeing you quick access to all your likes and compliments.
- NEW: "More" page
We’ve merged the “Feedback” and "Settings" pages into one new page called the "More" page. Whether you need help, want to change your settings, learn more about the app, or just have a chat about the weather, this page is where you will find everything you need.
3.1.0 Introducing Esplorio X…ok, not really, but we do have something equally exciting!
- NEW: Using the awesome new tech in iOS 11, you can now view all of your historic travels on a 3D globe in Augmented Reality! Just go to the "Me" page, tap the "See in AR" button in top right hand corner (just above your globe) and viola, a beautiful living globe will be suspended in mid-air in front of you. It's the perfect way to show off your travels and drop some jaws in the process :D
- FIX: The date picker on trips would sometimes feel shy and not appear, but we've given it the boost of confidence it needed and it should now work again.
- FIX: When you've added a note to a post, the button now correctly changes to "Edit note".
We're really excited about the new AR feature, so please do get in touch to let us know what you think!
3.0.0 Like and comment! You can now like and comment on trips - share some love, ask questions from other travellers, comment on that amazing looking avocado toast! This has been one of our most requested features to date so we're really proud to push this out in this 3.0 release.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 20, 2017
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 139 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Esplorio Ltd.
- © Esplorio limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.