ESPN Fantasy Basketball
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the ESPN Fantasy Basketball app, you can manage multiple teams and leagues, follow your matchups in real-time, add/drop/trade players, and make last second line up changes from wherever you are. You’ll be one tap away from your teams and leagues, and one step ahead of your friends.
With the ESPN Fantasy Basketball app you can:
* Follow your head-to-head matchup or rotisserie scoring live with FantasyCast
* Get exclusive news, analysis, videos and the latest Tweets from ESPN fantasy experts
* Follow live NBA scores
* Start, bench, add, drop, and claim players off waivers and propose trades
* View and post messages to your league message board
Download now because there’s no better time to check on your fantasy basketball teams than anytime you please.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
What's New in Version 3.8
Neglected app that badly needs an update.
I'll be blunt into the point. This app badly needs a major update. ESPN doesn't seem to care about improving it.
The only real useful things the app is good for is changing your lineup when you don't have access to a computer and checking your score. Yes you can add and drop players; however you will not have access to all the statistics for the players you may want to research. On top of this, stat sorting capabilities are nonexistent. If you want to know how many minutes a player is averaging or how many three-pointers they're averaging you will not find that information in this app. You are much better off jumping on your computer. (Of course, we live in an age where most people rely on their mobile devices).
Three years ago the Yahoo fantasy basketball app was leaps and bounds better than this app is in its current incarnation! You would think the "worldwide leader" in sports would put more time and effort into improving their mobile presence; especially when it comes to increasingly popular areas like fantasy sports.
At the very least they could update it so it's scales correctly to iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s screen sizes.
I only have one league that still uses ESPN. If this app was better it would be a different story. Unfortunately, at the moment, Yahoo is and has been providing a much better mobile experience for fantasy basketball players.
Charles Barkley said "That's TURRIBLE!" after spending 5 seconds with this app.
Here's a short list of what could make this app better.
1. Scrollable stats! I'm tired of trying to hit impossibly small buttons.
2. Activity feed updates need to be the entire update or clickable to show the whole thing. Currently only one or two sentences is shown and not the entire update.
3. Trading block section is missing in app. Please add.
4. The watch list! Another section of website that is missing from app.
5. Keeper section. Currently no way to select keepers in the app.
6. DRAFT! We should be able to complete a draft from the app.
7. Update the message board section so that it doesn't look like a forum from 1999!
8. Show fantasy playoff standings and schedule. This is nowhere to be found in the app!
9. Make ESPN content readable. It currently looks like crap and not all of the content is even visible through the app.
10. In the player card show the player's stats for every game of the season and not just last 10 days.
11. When moving players around, show which players have games today.
12. Add a landscape view!
13. Add a button to activate all players with games today.
14. Make the current matchup view more like the live fantasycast on the website. Indicating when players are on the floor, showing FGM/FGA, and other details.
I downloaded this app because one of my friends started a league on ESPN. I have been using Yahoo for everything fantasy, because the ESPN apps for fantasy were so behind the times. When I last played ESPN Fantasy Football (4 years ago), the app was laggy, glitchy, and the interface was horrible. But I had no idea that in 2015 (the football app has since gotten much nicer), this fantasy Basketball app would be exponentially worse. for one, I automatically assumed that you would be able to draft from the app, a pretty essential function in this day and age (and one that is already on Yahoo's app), and the interface still looks like it's 2005. Come on ESPN, it's time to turn your attention away from all the money and think a little bit about your consumers.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- © 2013 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.