ESPN Fantasy Football Baseball Basketball Hockey
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play the #1 fantasy football game as well as fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, and casual sports games from ESPN in one place!
The ESPN Fantasy app makes it simple for beginners and experts alike to:
- Create a league to play with friends or join an existing league to play with other fans
- Sign up, draft your team, edit your lineup, add players and make trades
- Get player rankings, projections and analysis from Matthew Berry and the rest of the most trusted team in fantasy sports
- Follow your fantasy (and favorite professional teams) with live, real-time matchup and pro game scoring
- Customize your team with a logo from one of our many free logo packs
- Subscribe to push notifications to get the latest videos and news impacting your roster
- Receive weekly wrap-up emails to track your performance
Your season ends with a championship. But it starts with this app.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Increased stability: We fixed a handful of issues that were causing the app to occasionally error out or crash.
- League Manager Poll in Activity & Messages makes it easy to settle debates with your league mates.
- Enhanced video experience within articles gets you the inside scoop from Matthew Berry and the rest of ESPN’s stable of fantasy experts.
- Follow your players' performance live right on the My Team screen and FantasyCast.
- Speed: We made the app faster so you can update your lineup and get your scores even quicker than before.
Ooooh you guys are almost there!
I have loved this app for years, and this is by far the best it has ever been. I only am giving you four stars because it is crashing. The implications of that on some people's teams is really really awful. Other than that, I'm not sure really what I would change. This app is so great, and regularly brings me an absurd amount of happiness. That said, please please please fix your Fantasy Basketball app. It is absolutely horrendous!!!! I mean, it is so bad that I don't even know where to begin. My friends and I have a great scoring system that is very similar to the fantasy football scoring. We use points instead of categories. I don't know if your app works better with categories, but it is pretty miserable. Please consult some users of the app because it has not changed in three years and it is absolutely horrible and makes the season less fun. But this app is spectacular. Keep up the good work. But guys… You have got to fix the crashing problems. When you have a twitter hashtag trending #fixtheapp you know you have a problem. Week 1 was a disaster. Week 2 was a lot better. Week 3... I'm rooting for you guys! The haters will be out in full force with picket signs!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Sometimes updating an app is necessary to fix bugs or add new features. Every once and a while, an app gets a major overhaul to present a nicer, more modern interface. This update doesn't accomplish any of this. It's pure meddling.
This update accomplishes the following obnoxious things:
1. There are now ads in every possible place they could be placed. On player info screens, at the bottom of lists, in between headlines. I get it... the app needs to make money. Unfortunately the quantity of ads is starting to approach critical mass.
2. The main screen for viewing your roster is unfathomably poorly designed. Stupid, bulky interface elements take up almost half of the screen, relegating the scrollable, useful area to a tiny box on smaller screens. Some of the crap at the top of the screen needs to be collapsed into icons or put in menus somewhere. It's just not functionality I need immediate, on-screen access to every time I view my roster. Which leads me to...
3. WHY has the transaction log been buried into a menu? This IS an important feature that I need to be able to access quickly from my main roster screen. It should have an icon right next to the smack chat icon or something like that.
This update is a regression. I hope some of this stuff is addressed. The screen is so packed with poorly designed elements right now that the app just feels claustrophobic, and it's significantly less enjoyable to use than the previous version.
Ruined a great app with junk and bad nav
The app used to be awesome. It accomplished what it needed to and had easy navigation without any ads or unrelated nonsense. This latest update is trying to force people to use other ESPN fantasy stuff and it forces it in the main parts of the application. Why are college pick 'em and eliminator challenge front and central on the primary drop down? This is poor design or intentionally trying to force users to play unrelated games. It is now very hard to swap between viewing my team and viewing opponents teams. Flipping between opponents is easy enough but them to get back to my team I need to jump back to the side nav. My team is still a team. I want to see all the teams and navigate between them easily so I can see who has what players and compare that to my players and my team needs. Big step back for the basic needs and very obvious that ESPN is being opportunistic with navigation to try and cram unpopular games down our throats. Sad. Very sad. This is the exact reason our league left the NFL app a few seasons ago. If this garbage continues we'll be on to Yahoo by next year.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- © 2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.