ESPN Fantasy Football Baseball Basketball Hockey
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play the #1 fantasy football game as well as fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, and casual sports games from ESPN in one place!
The ESPN Fantasy app makes it simple for beginners and experts alike to:
- Create a league to play with friends or join an existing league to play with other fans
- Sign up, draft your team, edit your lineup, add players and make trades
- Get player rankings, projections and analysis from Matthew Berry and the rest of the most trusted team in fantasy sports
- Follow your fantasy (and favorite professional teams) with live, real-time matchup and pro game scoring
- Customize your team with a logo from one of our many free logo packs
- Subscribe to push notifications to get the latest videos and news impacting your roster
- Receive weekly wrap-up emails to track your performance
Your season ends with a championship. But it starts with this app.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- Built for iOS10!
- Follow your matchups right from your lock screen with the new fantasy widget.
- Add some fantasy-sports flavor to your iMessage chats with more than 100 ESPN-themed stickers featuring Jon Gruden, Matthew Berry, Herm Edwards and more.
- Matchup Preview: How’s it looking for this week? Preview your upcoming matchup with side-by-side projections for each position.
- Roster News is back with a single feed of breaking news and key insights about the players on your team, accessible from your roster screen.
- Real-time matchup scoring and pro scores have never looked better. FantasyCast for basketball and hockey are redesigned and ready to go for the 2016-17 seasons.
- Injuries hurt, but at least updating your lineup can be painless. Manage DL and IR eligible players directly from the Edit Lineup screen.
- Enhanced player search capabilities make it easier to find free agents.
- We hit the gym with a hardcore routine. The app is faster, stronger, and more responsive.
- There were bugs. We squashed a lot of them.
It's really nice how ESPN keeps "Updating" the app to reset all the negative reviews when the updates are changing and fixing absolutely true. The following still holds true through the past about 10 updates....
Just got the new update where they "squashed a lot of bugs" and made it "faster, stronger, and more responsive". Just opened it and still the same horrible app or the my team button not working then when you go to your team from the side bar half the time your roster doesn't load and it leaves you with a blank screen. Not to mention all the random pages where you all of a sudden can't click on anything or scroll and have to repeatedly close and reopen the app and hope for a miracle or go to your computer to edit your team. The app has potential but just doesn't work well and at this point is horrible.
Don't run your league via ESPN
On the plus side, the app links from ESPN-created content directly but that's about the only positive thing you can say. Otherwise, it's a completely clunky platform that actually impedes your ability to manage your fantasy teams. You have to navigate to a ton of different tabs to get anything done, trades are a pain, and don't even think about it for dynasty or keeper leagues. I have honestly given up using this app and not made a deal or not taken a player rather than deal with the headache of this app. Beyond terrible functional design, the aesthetics are also terrible. I much prefer yahoo or MFL to this app, but once your league uses a system, it's hard to get folks to change. So please consider the alternatives before setting up your league via ESPN.
Love all the options available!
I love that it is free to draft up to 25 teams, you're able to create a league and customize it and you can auto draft, livedraft, auction or standard and standard and points per rushing league options! Great for newbies and expert players alike!
I do wish there was more convenient and obvious way to communicate with other teams and your league if you aren't the owner.
The option to delete yourself from a league should also be allowed perhaps with a cap of only 5 removals so leagues don't get destroyed by people leaving them, but some type of delete option would be nice.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 15, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- © 2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.