ESPN Fantasy Sports - Play Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey and More Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play the #1 fantasy football game as well as fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey, and casual sports games from ESPN in one place!
The ESPN Fantasy app makes it simple for beginners and experts alike to:
- Create a league to play with friends or join an existing league to play with other fans
- Sign up, draft your team, edit your lineup, add players and make trades
- Get player rankings, projections and analysis from Matthew Berry and the rest of the most trusted team in fantasy sports
- Follow your fantasy (and favorite professional teams) with live, real-time matchup and pro game scoring
- Customize your team with a logo from one of our many free logo packs
- Subscribe to push notifications to get the latest videos and news impacting your roster
- Receive weekly wrap-up emails to track your performance
Your season ends with a championship. But it starts with this app.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
What's New in Version 3.0.0
- Play ESPN fantasy football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and other games in one place!
- Create a league, join a league, and draft directly in the app-- just a single tap away.
- Snake or auction? Either way it’s the best draft experience we’ve ever offered on phones and tablets.
- If you were any closer to Matthew Berry, Tristan H. Cockcroft, Eric Karabell and Mike Clay you’d be at their Sunday dinner. Access award-winning content from the most trusted source in Fantasy, including video, front and center on the app’s home screen.
- Improved video playback and social sharing are smooth like Odell Beckham Jr. making a one-handed grab.
- Brand new design and visuals, including player headshots, new game logos, sticker packs, and animations.
- Get instantly alerted to news and video relevant to the players on your roster.
- Force Touch support lets you into your team faster than JJ Watt rushing the QB.
- Access other ESPN games like Bowl Mania and Streak for the Cash for a chance to win cash and prizes.
Updates are fine. Usually they take some getting used to, and there's some outrage until people realize the intent of the update. In this case, however, ESPN took an extremely basic feature and removed it, and no amount of time is going to ease the inconvenience that this change has caused. Why would you take away the option to view all players recent activity? Why?? It was the most used and most practical part of the app, and you took it away.
Is this change enough to warrant a 1-star rating, you ask? The answer is yes because, like so many other users of this app, I use it only for fantasy football. I don't really use it to make trades or scout free agents (I use the computer for those things), rather I use it to look at the recent activity of my players. Now, instead of just clicking one button, I have to scroll through all of my players individually. The nerve!
PLEASE fix it or I'm taking the league I'm the commish of and switching to yahoo (ouch).
Update Killed Perfection
The updated version of this app is the perfect example of a company taking a hit product and absolutely destroying it in an ill-advised attempt to make it even better. Here's an idea: stop trying to fix things that aren't broken! The lack of an easy way to check recent activity is a step backwards. There is an icon that makes getting to smack talk easier but let's be real, how much is that really used in comparison to the recent activity? And don't even get me started about the screen space that is lost due to the poorly designed new layout. Shame on whoever took this once amazing product and decided to crap all over it. One more thing: if I wanted an app that did other fantasy sports too I would have downloaded one. I had downloaded a fantasy football app and then you force upgrade me to some crappy water downed version of the previous app sandwiched into an all inclusive sports app? No thanks. Total trash. Find a better app.
New version is good
They keep making it better and better, but I wish ESPN would go deeper with stats, with as few clicks as possible. It's clear they want to go the other, more shallow, direction with videos so they can advertise, now or in the future, but also to engage users. I got no problem with that, but i still want more stats. They are oversimplifying so that you must click on the videos to get the info you want. This just breeds stupidity, but I've already drunken the koolaid, and I can do the homework elsewhere if I have to. It'z pretty. People hate change. Soooo much better than the app 5 years ago. Think everybody just has forgotten how bad that app was.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Aug 08, 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- © 2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.