ESPN FC Soccer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Follow all the action and drama of soccer with the ESPN FC app. In-game match video highlights for Barclay's Premier League (US ONLY**), breaking news, transfer rumors and analysis are a click away. ESPN FC delivers comprehensive coverage of all the major club leagues with videos, highlights, news, opinion and personalized reports so you can stay on top of your favorite teams.
Your favorite clubs and competitions:
· Premier League, La Liga, MLS, Liga MX, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and much more
· UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Euro 2016 Qualifying, FIFA World Cup, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, MLS playoffs, Copa del Rey, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, Copa MX, Copa Argentina and more
Transfer news, rumors and more
· Reaction and analysis on all the major competitions from authorities such as Gabriele Marcotti, Sid Lowe, Jeff Carlisle, Roger Bennett, Raphael Honigstein, Tim Vickery and Fernando Duarte
· Transfer Centre and Transfer Talk blog will keep you up-to-date on all the game’s key transfer news
· Personalized scores and live game details -- goals, stats, lineups, tables, fixtures, video highlights** and more
· Access to ESPN FC TV clips with commentary from our reporters and soccer analysts
· Alerts for game starts, goals, final scores and more
· Easily add, edit and remove favorite teams for a custom experience
· Twitter integration for a social perspective on news, rumors and gossip from around the soccer world. See tweets about Manchester United, Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Liverpool and much more in the ""Now"" section of the ESPN FC app.
** Match highlights subject to change and geographic restrictions. Be sure to accept location services upon initial launch to receive all videos available for your country
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
What's New in Version 4.3.5
Your favorite clubs are now grouped at the top of the scores section!
Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6+.
iPad support! Keep tabs on today’s scores while browsing the latest news at the same time.
Faster scores. Faster load times.
Improved notifications take you directly to stories when opened.
Search from the home screen for quicker access to teams and leagues.
Bug fixes and other enhancements.
Crashes Too Much
I'm not one to write reviews often, but I felt compelled in this case due to how poor this app has become. I downloaded this app when it was first launched. Since then, the app has gotten more and more unstable. This is what bothers me the most. I don't mind the pop-ups so much. It's the fact that I sometimes go consecutive days of crashing while using the app. I can't read news stories as a result. If I can't do that, what's the point of having the app? I can get sport scores via any app. More troubling is ESPN's lack of desire to correct these issues. I shouldn't be surprised though as it is ESPN. If this was an ESPN NFL or NCAA app there would be an update every 30 seconds fixing any problem that could arise. Thus, I'm throwing in the towel and finding a new app for all my soccer news. Don't waste your time with this.
Decent at best
I don't write reviews because I don't think the developers really read them but I'm going to give it a shot. The ESPNFC show clips always cut off mid sentence, sure I can see the scores from different games but why can't they have the highlights like they do with the Premier League? Even then sometimes the highlights don't load. The app constantly crashes while looking at certain articles and if I want to finish an article I have to go to safari then read the article that way. Why aren't the updates actually updating the app? It has potential to be a great app and the potential is the only thing keeping me from deleting it. Hopefully some serious changes can be made during the next update if not I'll probably just stick to Bleacher Report.
App is Poorly Designed
This app has a lot of great information, but the overall design and usability of it is pretty poor.
For example if on Feb 18, I want to look at Champions League Scores, in the "Round of 16" selection from "Feb 17-Apr 13", it only has upcoming matches, but no scores from Feb 17. Also the table data from the Champions League is still from last season.
This timing difference also applies to Premier League...which is a bit annoying, since I might want to look at results from the entire weekend in one view. Although in the Premiere League scores view, the calendar does let you pick a day...but it's kind of annoying that on a Sunday, I have to click several times to see the previous Saturdays results. But in the screen you can scroll to matches for the next few weeks; it seems to me that the recent results are more important and should be easier to get ot.
This is just speculation, but I do wonder if ESPN has abandoned development on this app, since FIFA has given Fox the next few World Cups, etc.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.3.5
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- © 2014 ESPN, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.