ESPN: Live sports & scores
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, SEC Network +, Longhorn Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Bases Loaded are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.10.1
[+] Love watching your team play live? With new live stream previews, never miss a minute of the action while you sign in with your cable provider.
[+] There’s a new home for all things video! Our redesigned Watch Tab lets you easily browse your favorite shows, live streams and highlights. Now who’s the real MVP?
[+] Looking for news about your favorite teams? Swipe through the latest stories and videos right from the home screen.
[+] With Marshawn Lynch back in action, we went Beast Mode on some nasty bugs.
Lots of bugs
Over the past couple weeks, this app has been super "buggy". Won't fully load when accessed, and keeps giving message somewhere along the lines of "oops, something went wrong", and gives you the option to try again or cancel. The app won't work when you select try again, so you just have to wait for it to start working again...could be minutes, could be hours. This is especially frustrating when your favorite team is playing and the only way to watch them is through the app, since you don't live in the same part of the country. Also, the app on the firestick and appletTV seems to have similar issues, especially around game-time for college football...I'll write a separate review for that. The only reason I give it a 2 is because it does work SOMETIMES...but please, fix whatever you guys have going on.
Unbearably Slow and Unresponsive
That one video at the top is by far the worst “innovation” I have ever been subjected to by an updating app. I can’t imagine anyone asking for it or thinking it was a good idea. It takes forever to buffer, and the rest of the app is almost completely unresponsive until it does. 95% of the time this video is something I don’t care about or is old news to me by now. And if you actually want to watch the video with sound or full screen, good luck getting that up and loaded. It’s as if the developers knew no one would ever want to watch the top video so they didn’t bother making it work. The rest of the app is just barely acceptable. When it’s not constantly loading the wrong article, or buffering 2 minutes for an Applebee’s ad before buffering another 2 minutes for a 30 second highlight, it works okay.
Great potential, tones of bugs
This review is not based on user error. I'm a tech head. This app has great potential (especially with the new multicast feature). But man, is it buggy. Favorites don't sync from Apple TV app to phone app. Buffering is terrible; I get constant dropouts, and this is with my Apple TV wired to Ethernet with 189 mbps download speed. In its current state, it's often unusable. When they fix all these bugs, I think/hope the ESPN app might be one of the first great Apple TV apps. I'll change this review when it is.
Update: 189 mbps internet speed, wired ethernet connection to Apple TV, every other streaming app works flawlessly, and yet ESPN stutters. For the love of all that is good and holy, ESPN, update your servers.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 55.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2017 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes