ESPN: Live sports & scores
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, SEC Network +, Longhorn Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Bases Loaded are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.11
[+] Don’t have an ESPN account? Now anyone can sign up for alerts to get game updates and highlights faster than Bryce Love turning the corner for a 50 yard TD run.
[+] Bug fixes and performance improvements.
It has been ruined
The ESPN app has been my go-to app for sports news, scores, and recaps for a long time. But it has been ruined with the latest updates and redesigns. The app is almost unusable these days. Even when I am at home, on wifi, with nothing else running on my phone, the app is slow and crashes often. Don’t even think about using it at a game or anywhere your connection isn’t perfect. They have overburdened the app with video, ads, and cookies that slow it down to a crawl or even just prohibit you from even being able to open the app at all.
Today I finally jumped onto the apps “text support” to see what I could do to improve my experience. Unfortunately the ESPN support rep proceeded to first accuse me of having a bad connection. I pointed out that he was incorrect and the rep then informed me that the app stores a lot of cookies and I should just delete the app and reinstall it. This is an annoying suggestion but I did it anyway. There was no improvement. And the tactless interaction with the rep definitely did not help the situation.
The point is, you can do better. Go find another app that works and was designed by a company that still cares about their user base.
Annoying ads, video at top
My primary usage of this app is for checking scores, getting a quick glance at schedules and stats, and occasional browsing of sports news articles. It is OK. The older version of this app was better. The “new” version has so many ads, including the annoying ones that magically encompass the entire screen when you’re about to tap on scores or an article and therefore force you to mistakenly link to some ad site, that it makes scrolling cumbersome. Also, who wants to see some random video at the top of the screen when logging in that has no context that you mistakenly tap because it is constantly at the top of the page (e.g., scores of the game the highlight is from, or a 30 second clip of an interview that has no additional context)? I don’t!!! It seems like the app intentionally leads you to mistakenly tap ad-related material.
Doing too much
This app use to be great for all things sports related, but since last year the app has progressively gotten slower and slower now to the point where I can just Google what I need. Every time I swipe my push notification for the app it takes forever to load and eventually closes out. This is my first review for an app and the only reason I am writing this is because of how disappointed I am with the app. For a multi BILLION DOLLARS corporation you think they would spend some money on making there app the best it can be. The only redeeming quality this app has is that it gives you timely notifications on all sports, except for college basketball games that aren’t played on ESPN networks. When you do get the score notifications you can’t go in to the app and even watch the game cast without it crashing.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 5.11
- Size: 61.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2017 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes