Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• The ESPN Radio App is a FREE App and will remain FREE
Take your sports wherever your ears go! Introducing the new and improved
ESPN Radio App for your iPhone or iPad, with a host of expanded features and
functionality for sports fans. Listen live to ESPN Radio, your favorite
podcasts, live play-by-play and more.
The app is free to download and includes:
• Podcasts: Including The BS Report with Bill Simmons, Pardon The
Interruption, Around The Horn and Fantasy Focus and more
• SportsCenter: updates every 20 minutes
• Offline Listening: The ability to download on-demand audio content to
• Custom Station or Playlist: search tens of thousands of audio clips by a
specific topic and create a station or playlist of your favorite shows,
teams, players and sports.
• Listen live: to over 35 ESPN Radio stations from around the country and
play-by-play from some of your favorite college and professional sports
teams including every game of the NBA Finals, World Series, College Bowl
Games, Wimbledon, US Open Golf and more.
• Live Audio Functionality: Pause and rewind up to an hour of live audio.
• myESPN Personalization: Customize audio automatically pulled into the app
based on your favorites.
• Top Searches: Popular searches and trends for easy one-click access to top
• Recommendation Engine: Content suggestions based on your myESPN profile
• Alerts and Push Notifications: For MLB broadcasts, breaking news and more.
*Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially
play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air
won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update
the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits
our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays,
last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this
causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station
directly by visiting their website.
What's New in Version 4.6.0
- ESPN Deportes Radio integration - your favorite ESPN Deportes Radio podcasts and radio stations now all in one app!
- We’ve completely rebuilt our live streaming engine. You should experience less rebuffering, less dropouts and more live ESPN Radio.
- iOS 7 compatibility updates
- Many more improvements coming, please continue to send in your feedback!
Excellent Concept, One Major Flaw
This is a great app, with great variety--but with one ridiculous failing: it constantly shuts itself off.
You search for a podcast, find it, download it, and listen to it. Then you browse the web. No problem, it still works great. Then somebody calls. The app stops playing. You answer the phone, finish your call and hang up. You'd like to get back to your podcast but the app has shut down. So you have to log back in, search for the podcast, and start playing again. Sometimes you have to re-download the same podcast! Somebody calls you again. You have to do the same dance over again: re-open, re-search, re-download, re-play. You accidentally click on a video on a website. You have to do the same dance over again. You hit pause and lock your phone. You have to do the same dance again!
These designers need to fix this. This is terribly annoying, and dangerous if you like to listen to podcasts while you're driving. Every stoppage in playing a podcast should not result in the app completely shutting down! If somebody calls, you shouldn't have to CONSTANTLY log back on, search again for the podcast you were listening to SECONDS ago, re-download it again and play it again, after EACH call! This is a MASSIVE design flaw which ruins an otherwise fantastic app. If only for safety reasons (use while driving) they need to fix this problem. 5 stars if they fix this, 2 stars until they do.
Worst App In the App Store
I click on this app constantly downloading different forms of media throughout the day. I download SVP & Russillo daily and love listening to the full show without any commercial interruptions. The problem is the app does not work. It shuts off whenever it is interrupted in any way making it impossible to use when driving. It also does not save your place in the episode half the time and makes you restart something you are in the middle of. Worst of all, half the time the buttons do not work and when you click on a podcast it won’t download or will crash which it does constantly. Considering it is app I use just as much as any other, I hate how poorly it works and wish ESPN would put just a little bit of its large revenue stream into making this a great app. For now though, it works very, very poorly.
So frustrated with this app that I love
I listen to about a dozen podcasts regularly. Huge fan of ESPN and podcasts. However, there are a ton of glitches with this app. Certain podcasts will not save as favorited. When live streaming shows, they often repeat themselves and shutdown the app completely. When using any other function on iPhones the app will randomly shut down. If you receive a phone call the app will shut down. This bothers ESPN radio users and seems like it would be an easy fix. Only app on my phone that does things like this. I really wish they would correct these problems and allow this app to function how it should. Has so much potential but has so many problems
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.