ESPN - Get scores, news, and watch live sports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network Plus, ESPNews ESPN Deportes, and Longhorn Network are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.3
[+] Built for iOS 10.
-- iMessage: Share scores with your friends and watch game highlights directly from iMessage. Just tap the app store logo within Messages and add the ESPN App.
-- Apple Watch: Customize your watch face with your favorite team’s games by adding complications. Updated scores and game page layouts make checking up on your favorite teams faster than ever.
-- Widget: Restyled widget to match the iOS 10 look and feel.
-- 3D Touch: Force touch on your app icon to read the latest news about your favorite teams, launch a live stream, or listen to ESPN Radio.
[+] Favorites: Game Cards in your favorites feed. Follow live games with highlights at your fingertips, or check in post-game for a recap.
[+] New Clubhouse: WWE coverage is officially here! Visit the WWE clubhouse in the sports tab, and add it as a favorite to get alerts.
[+] Speak Spanish? Switch to the U.S. - Spanish, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, or Chile edition in settings to get the best Spanish-language sports coverage out there.
Great app, just one complaint
This app is nice for keeping up with all my teams and other games I am interested in. I can set alerts for the ones I'm interested in and it sends notifications right to my phone or smart watch. The only complaint I have is that sometimes when I try to set alerts it says I'm not logged in, which in turn doesn't allow me to set my notifications. When this happens it will often take a few tries to get it to respond which is mildly frustrating. Also, I would like to see an update where I can keep up with individual golfers. There are only a few from my alma mater that I follow, and I wish I could get updates when they are playing or leading a tournament. It might be a daunting suggestion from a technical standpoint to allow for notifications on so many individuals, but it never hurts to ask, right?
A good app with some annoyances.
This app is as simple and easy as it gets. Straightforward scores and stats for practically any sport you can think of.
The first think that gets old is the ads, I know they need them but I'm trying to get a score and bam in app the advertisement pops up. Honestly it's ESPN you can't go wrong with the sports scores from here. So the ads aren't terrible. If they ever offered an ad free version through in app purchase though for I'd jump at it in a heart beat.
Second part to that though is it's really easy to completely avoid ads all together if the app worked how it was suppose to. I sign in with my ESPN account to get my favorite teams scores and news updates. That on iOS allows me to add the ESPN scores widget which is great as well as the Apple Watch app which is great to use too. The difficulty though is honestly every few days for some reason the app signs out of my ESPN account, which then from my Apple Watch or the widget forces me to go into the app and sign in again. Which after the 5th+ time in a week that it happens gets really old.
So ESPN at least fix the bug that keeps signing me out of the app so much. It's getting really old!
I want to love this app and I use it a lot; But it is quirky. Hence just 3 stars. Current challenge... Too many video stories.... Just write it please. And they want me to watch a 30 second commercial for a 15 second video story? Wow. Not brilliant
So the latest quirk is getting an alert for a story, then never seeing the story. I saw a lock screen alert about Ryan Newman and tire violations. But I was unlocking my phone and it disappeared. No story in the sportscenter app! Why do you mock me, Sportscenter? :-)
However, support staff is excellent and they helped me be able to log in after their system seemed to hate me ;-)
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2015 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes