Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and news with loads of video highlights. Sign in and customize the ESPN App to get all of your favorite teams' scores, news and alerts.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access scores and highlights from MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, College Basketball, MLS, Cricket and more.
- Watch video highlights of your favorite games and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS.
- Check out the "NOW" views for real-time updates and commentary. NOW combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on any sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Not near a TV? Watch any event on any ESPN channel simply by tapping on the On-Air tab.
- Stream live ESPN Radio for free — just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”.
What's New in Version 4.3.3
Terrible video support along with other issues
Most times you try to watch a video it freezes making it near impossible to watch the video unless you reload the app. This is a problem that has been happening for a while and no matter how many times reviews are written about it the problem is not taken seriously. Another problem that isn't really a problem but more of an annoyance and inconvenience is when you choose a teams scores to check. Instead of going directly to the scores page you are taken to the news page. Sometimes it is useful but most of the time I am trying to check the score of one of my favorite teams as the game is in progress and I am directed to articles from a couple days ago rather than the score of the game in progress. Please read the reviews and try to fix some of the problems. Overall the espn app is very good but a few bugs greatly hinder the overall potential of the app.
I don't usually like to write reviews, but I LIKED this app a couple of months ago and now I don't. It first started with loading issues then videos would not play properly and freeze often even after fully buffering. Now the app slides over tabs without me even sliding the screen over after I exit every article or video I read. And it is now crashing halfway through most articles even after exiting the app and "refreshing" it. On top of that they have now added writer names to the beginning of article titles when scrolling through which I find annoying as half the time who wrote it doesn't typically matter to me and I can see who wrote it when I click on the article itself. A bit redundant. If the problems do persist I'll probably just delete it to avoid frustration. And I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it before to no avail.
Crashes Often, Landscape View Doesn't Change to Portrait
This app is great. But honestly I find myself using their rival, the TeamStream app from Bleacher Report. ESPN has always been a little "We live for Brady, LeBron, and Mayweather," and a few other teams/athletes to begin with, so some of their reports I feel are a tad biased to begin with. Back to the app. It has random crashes navigating through the pages, won't return to portrait orientation after switching to landscape to watch videos especially and the only reason I keep it is the notifications are very timely when I'm away from my TV. Besides that I wouldn't have the ESPN app on my phone, and it has had the privilege of being there since around 2011.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: May 26, 2015
- Version: 4.3.3
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.