Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and news with loads of video highlights. Sign in and customize the ESPN App to get scores, news, and alerts from all of your favorite teams and leagues!
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access scores and highlights from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, College Basketball, MLS, and more.
- Your favorite teams and leagues front and center – sign in to make the ESPN app yours.
- Watch video highlights of your favorite games and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS.
- Check out the "Now" views for real-time updates and commentary. Now combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on every sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Not near a TV? Watch any event on any ESPN channel simply by tapping on the On-Air tab.
- Stream live ESPN Radio for free — just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
[+] Favorite Sports! — Personalize the app by picking your favorite leagues. The scores you care about most will show up at the top of the home screen of the app.
[+] Gearing up for the fantasy season? — Get an edge in your fantasy league with the new Fantasy Football clubhouse, filled with real-time fantasy news and videos from Matt Berry, Tristan H. Cockcroft, Christopher Harris, and other fantasy analysts.
[+] Bug fixes and performance improvements. We got in shape this offseason and are ready to report to training camp.
Great App with Major Flaws
***DO NOT rely on this app if you are trying to follow the sport of SOCCER (football)***
Your developers just keep removing features from the app and making it even worse. I used to set alerts on all international soccer games/leagues and relied on this to remind me of important games but now you can't do that except for the MLS and the most popular sports leagues. It seems as though instead of having your developers work on making the app more robust and stable, you are slowly removing all the features that can cause problems. I can't set alerts for when matches start on any international soccer competitions anymore (right now Gold Cup & International Champions Cup). I can't undo my following of news for the sport of boxing because that feature was removed. I have golf automatically added as a favorite sport for me when I have no interest in following it whatsoever and I cannot remove it. There are just too many bugs in this application and the application just keeps losing features and getting worse and worse in quality. Please contact me if I am mistaken and there is indeed a way to do everything that I said I couldn't do above.
Fixed one thing, caused another
To ESPN's credit, they fixed a problem where my alerts would not stay toggled on. But now, you are greeted with a prompt to choose favorite sports by selecting or deselecting icons. The problem is, I am getting blocked from selecting certain sports because I have reached my max -- even after attempting to deselect other sports. And I have sports turning up in my favorites which I haven't selected. The other issue is, while the app makes a big deal out of this feature, I am not sure what it adds. The app previously allowed you to select favorite sports, just through a different process. But at least my favorite teams and alerts are intact!
New Update Ruining This App
I have used this app forever and it has been one of my favorites. The new update had me select sports that I liked along with the teams I selected in the old version. What they don't tell you is when you do this, you are giving permission to send alerts. 5 min after updating the app I was receiving 3-4 alerts every 15 minutes. I went in to the settings and turned off all alerts...but I'm still getting updates for soccer...who wants updates on soccer?? I didn't even select that as something I like. ESPN, fix this or I'll just use another app.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 15, 2015
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 33.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.