ESPN - Get scores, news, and watch live sports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, SEC Network +, Longhorn Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Bases Loaded are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.6.2
[+] Introducing Homescreen Video. Giving you the best plays of the day, breaking news and your favorite teams videos.
[+] Gesture over to news on the homescreen to see the Headlines collection. You’ll get the top seven stories of the day in a nice, tight package.
[+] Time to play ball. Caribbean Series and the World Baseball Classic are now added to the sports list. Check the latest scores, news and stream games in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.
[+] Bug fixes and optimizations.
It provides much less than the website when it's not completely broken
I just want to see my sports scores. Sometimes the app loads and shows nothing except a single video.
When it does work, it's horribly organized. There are headlines for your favorite teams which do nothing when clicked on. Good luck actually finding the article in the app. When you look for scores for a certain soccer competition, the app thinks it's a good idea to start you at the beginning of the competiton 6 months ago so you have to scroll 8 pages to find today. The best thing they can do is delete the app and tell people to just go to the website, which also has become worse over time.
Need to present tournament scores better
With the college conference and pro league tournaments happening or upcoming it reminds me that I cannot see any type of bracket. The schedule of games and scores is difficult to navigate and forget about trying go back more than a week or so.
Maybe making it where you can find the tournament by name under sport and/or league. Have a tab for bracket there showing scores and who is advancing.
Other changes they've made have been amazing. Can't say they are scared to improve!
Two stars at the very very best. Never had a smooth experience with this app, and mediocre at best. Always glitchy, and doesn't always load all of the information. Can only load one video and then you have to close the app and open it back up to watch another notification video. Every time I use the app I find myself holding my breath and waiting until it crashes. Sometimes it will just load unload and load and never do anything. Also, keeps sending me annoying updates for games that I've tried to remove from my favorites for weeks now, and every single time I try to reports a server error. Way better off looking online or through Siri.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Mar 02, 2017
- Version: 5.6.2
- Size: 66.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2015 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes