Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and news with loads of video highlights. Sign in and customize the ESPN App to get scores, news, and alerts from all of your favorite teams and leagues!
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access scores and highlights from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, College Basketball, MLS, and more.
- Your favorite teams and leagues front and center – sign in to make the ESPN app yours.
- Watch video highlights of your favorite games and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS.
- Check out the "Now" views for real-time updates and commentary. Now combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on every sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Not near a TV? Watch any event on any ESPN channel simply by tapping on the On-Air tab.
- Stream live ESPN Radio for free — just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
What's New in Version 4.5
[+] NEW: Favorites Feed is here. Stories and videos of everything you care about. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
[+] Use the new carousel in the favorites tab for quick access to all your favorite leagues and teams.
[+] Bugs preventing users from setting and receiving soccer game alerts have been resolved.
[+] Swipe to go back from article pages has returned!
[+] Other bug fixes and improvements.
I've had this app before with an account and all of my favorites set up and it was great. I got a new phone so I had to download it again. I could not log on to my account because it said I didn't have an account with the email I was using (which I wrong; I only have 1 email I use) and so I had to make a new account. I try constantly to set my favorites up again but it tells me to check my network connection, whether I'm on wifi or if I have perfect LTE signal. It's annoying. Now I don't get alerts for things I want and my favorite teams aren't at the top when I open the app. I know it's not a big deal to have to search for my teams but it's just annoying that nothing with the app or my ESPN account seems to work anymore.
Would be five stars if not for
The fact that you can't actually save favorite leagues or teams. I absolutely love the update with being able to go to a favorite league and see all the scores, but I can't actually add or remove leagues/teams!!!!! "Hmm, we couldn't save your selection. Check your network connection and try again." MY INTERNET IS FINE ESPN YOUR APP ISN'T WORKING
EDIT: This favorite team/league problem can be fixed by signing out and signing back in on the app. Very pleased with current version, probably won't update if they change the favorites style.
I'm not sure why everyone is down and out about this app, but I find it wonderful AND reliable. Perhaps people are used to the speediness of modern technology and by "slow" they mean average speed. I find that it's really not that slow and I can count on it for my news updates as well as scores.
***My intent is not to put other people's reviews down. I just wanted to clear up some of the negative reviews and say that this app is definitely worth the download. I mean, it's free so why not try it out? If you don't like it, delete it.***
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.