ESPN: Live sports & scores
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, SEC Network +, Longhorn Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Bases Loaded are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.10.1
[+] Love watching your team play live? With new live stream previews, never miss a minute of the action while you sign in with your cable provider.
[+] There’s a new home for all things video! Our redesigned Watch Tab lets you easily browse your favorite shows, live streams and highlights. Now who’s the real MVP?
[+] Looking for news about your favorite teams? Swipe through the latest stories and videos right from the home screen.
[+] With Marshawn Lynch back in action, we went Beast Mode on some nasty bugs.
Unfortunately ESPN still holds the crown for the overall leader in sports broadcasting. I've already stopped following ESPN's social media accounts, but still have my iPhone app active in order to receive updates for scores from my local teams.
I reach a certain point in the day when I am just sick of reading/watching the news because of all the negativity. It's at this point that I turn on sports, or sports news as a means for an escape. Unfortunately when I turn on ESPN there is no escape. After watching any segment they may have on for a half hour it's pretty clear where their they stand on the political spectrum.
I hope that what I read is true in that ESPN's membership accounts and viewers is on a downward spiral.
Soon I will be getting rid of this money pit called AT&T Uverse and switching to streamed television. At this point I will NOT be including any ESPN channels.
Leave your political views off the set and off the keyboard and stick to reporting SPORTS.
Not giving team updates
I'm signed up for my NFL teams updates during the game. For 1.5 hours went through EVERY POSSIBLE REASON to figure problem out. Found out you can TEXT ESPN with problem, so I did, got a moronic reply that had NOTHING to do with an iPhone. THEN I found a number you can call for help. The dude had NO CLUE what was happening. After 45 minutes I could tell he was done because he kept telling me "if it doesn't work in 1 hour call us back." WHAT? The game is over in 25 minutes, so I WONT be getting any more updates for 7 more days and WHY would I start ALL OVER with another imbecile?! GET IT TOGETHER ESPN! 👎🏼
I have such a love hate relationship with this app. They've done a lot to improve features but seem to constantly lack any sort of quality control.
My podcasts often crash or stop playing. Simply putting in my headphones at the gym cause the whole app to freeze, and forget about headphones to car. This often causes me to stop listening to your shows that I love.
Quit messing with features and just make it freaking work!
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 55.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2017 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes