ESPN - Get scores, news, and watch live sports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores and news from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, Esports and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Take your sports wherever your ears go! Stream live national and regional ESPN Radio stations, over 100 other ESPN podcasts, live play-by-play and more — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Our iMessages extension lets you share live scores with your friends and watch video highlights without leaving your conversation.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, SEC Network, SEC Network +, Longhorn Network, ACC Network Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and ESPN Bases Loaded are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
* Due to contractual limitations with certain content, especially play-by-play broadcasts, there are times when the schedule that's on-air won't match the schedule that's online. While we make every effort to update the schedule, occasionally the nature of play-by-play broadcasting limits our ability to accurately present the latest schedule (ie., rain delays, last minute schedule changes). We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. If you have specific schedule questions, please contact the station directly by visiting their website.
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 5.6.1
[+] Gesture over to news on the homescreen to see the Headlines collection. You’ll get the top seven stories of the day in a nice, tight package.
[+] Time to play ball. Caribbean Series and the World Baseball Classic are now added to the sports list. Check the latest scores, news and stream games in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.
[+] Bug fixes and optimizations.
Still reading? We’ve also put in one secret feature that will be unleashed soon…
An unstable necessity
It is difficult to define the breadth and scope of the ESPN platform. Almost any sort of sport the world over is available via the app. The most up-to-date and in depth articles and podcasts are also available via the app. I cannot understate how delightful the array of options is. However, I can't get the damned thing to stop crashing. Often, it will crash immediatley upon opening, depriving my of that wonderful constellation I mentioned earlier. If I can get the thing to function as seems intended, it is one of the most nuanced and developed apps I have encountered. If, as is becoming more and more standard, it simply crashes, it does nothing but take up space and battery power. The app is a necessity for any fan of sport, but is fraught with stability issues which detract from it to the point of making it more of a burden than a benefit. Please, fix it. Someone. Anyone.
Needs more features for gambling purposes
Only thing I use other sports apps for are for alarms and frequent updates. It's too difficult and time consuming to add alarms for multiple games. Also, I think it would be golden for you all to be able to add a group of games for those parlays and teaser bets so that we can keep things in order opposed to just seeing all of your alarms at one time. Also!!! Please! The favorited or games that were set with alarms are kept on the main screen for FAR to long. If I makes multiple alarms for consecutive days my screen is filled with past games that are irrelevant at the time. Other than these things....good app. Can be colossal though!
The Consensus: App Crashes & other stuff
The app crashes way too much for a company with the backing of Disney. You have the resources so put forth time. I'd prefer no more new features until the everything that is currently in the app works perfectly. My choice of 2 stars is because the app is a great go to for sports and the UI is very user friendly...when it works. The screen delays while pulling up articles or a video leading to a mis-click to an ad or hyperlink I never intended on going to. I was once the guy that had to read through these comments for an app so please WHOEVER reads these, the app has so much potential. Please supply where there is demand.
P. S. I actually miss the twitter feed
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Feb 08, 2017
- Version: 5.6.1
- Size: 65.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2015 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes