By Mark Patrick Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Touch checkboxes to create a feedback document for each essay you grade.
Essay Grader is not automatic grading software but a fully customizable app that eliminates the need to write the same comments over and over by hand.
Here are just a few things you can do with Essay Grader:
- Provide a detailed critique in just minuets
- Give praise and targeted, comprehensive feedback
- Reduce grading time take the drudgery out of scoring papers
- Vary your language with Essay Grader's extensive library of pre-written comments
- Choose between six different varieties of each comment
- Customize default comments or create entirely new comments of your own
- Email the grade document or save it to your computer
- Sync files across multiple platforms and devices
- Fully customize the comment database and user interface
- Import comments via CSV file
- Easily switch between comment databases
- Assign a holistic score on the “Grade” tab
- Standardize grading language and marks across horizontal and vertical teams
- Score essays from any discipline and conform to any rubric or grading style
- Assess projects, speeches, and reports as they are delivered
- Grade with your iPad while on the go
Reclaim your weekends! Assign more essays and watch your students' writing improve with Essay Grader.
*Essay Grader’s default comments were written by a team of college professors and are appropriate for secondary through graduate-level academics.
**This app requires a free Dropbox account
What's New in Version 5.0.3
- Updates display rendering in iPhone
- Fixes bugs in rollout version. Please accept our sincere apologies :-(
- Adds data-binding modal with opening and closing free-write paragraphs
- Complete rebuild with leading edge technology and versatile cloud storage
- Built with scalable frameworks and updated APIs
- Clean, minimalistic design
- Uses Dropbox Sync to share files across multiple platforms and devices
- Responsive user interface adapts to all screen sizes and pixel densities
- Many more exciting upgrades planned for the near future
- No ads or in-app purchases
Makes my life easier!
This app is perfect for grading speeches, class projects, and essays. It saves me so much time and alleviates frustration. This new version is much more reliable and allows users to customize the interface. This version comes with six comment varieties rather than just three. It also allows you to switch back and forth between several saved comment databases, which is perfect for teachers who teach multiple subjects. Just make sure you save a copy of your CSV comment file.
The comments do not appear on the essay itself, nor would I want them to. That's what proofreader's marks are for. Uploading every single essay into an iPad and inserting the comments into them would take LONGER. It would be a nightmare. The whole idea here is to make grading easier, not harder.
Needs A Lot of Work!
The older version was much better! The new interface is not user friendly. For example, the window for entering a student's name and the assignment's name often crashes before I have completed all fields. The Select Comment Text only shows a small part of the text. If the user wants to see the entire text, the eye icon has to be hit for each text comment. What a waste of time! You ruined a perfectly good program in exchange for a sleek interface that is clumsy and difficult to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 18, 2015
- Version: 5.0.3
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mark Patrick Media LLC
- © 2015 Gatsby's Light Publications, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.