Touch checkboxes to create a feedback document for each essay you grade.
Essay Grader is not automatic grading software but a fully customizable app that eliminates the need to write the same comments over and over by hand.
Here are just a few things you can do with Essay Grader:
- Provide a detailed critique in just minutes
- Give praise and targeted, comprehensive feedback
- Reduce grading time take the drudgery out of scoring papers
- Vary your language with Essay Grader's extensive library of pre-written comments
- Choose between six different varieties of each comment
- Customize default comments or create entirely new comments of your own
- Email the grade document or save it to your computer
- Sync files across multiple platforms and devices
- Fully customize the comment database and user interface
- Import comments via CSV file
- Easily switch between comment databases
- Assign a holistic score on the “Grade” tab
- Standardize grading language and marks across horizontal and vertical teams
- Score essays from any discipline and conform to any rubric or grading style
- Assess projects, speeches, and reports as they are delivered
- Grade with your iPad while on the go
Reclaim your weekends! Assign more essays and watch your students' writing improve with Essay Grader.
*Essay Grader’s default comments were written by a team of college professors and are appropriate for secondary through graduate-level academics.
**This app requires a free Dropbox account
- Updates display rendering in iPhone
- Fixes bugs in rollout version. Please accept our sincere apologies :-(
- Adds data-binding modal with opening and closing free-write paragraphs
- Complete rebuild with leading edge technology and versatile cloud storage
- Built with scalable frameworks and updated APIs
- Clean, minimalistic design
- Uses Dropbox Sync to share files across multiple platforms and devices
- Responsive user interface adapts to all screen sizes and pixel densities
- Many more exciting upgrades planned for the near future
- No ads or in-app purchases
Ratings and Reviews
Makes my life easier!
This app is perfect for grading speeches, class projects, and essays. It saves me so much time and alleviates frustration. This new version is much more reliable and allows users to customize the interface. This version comes with six comment varieties rather than just three. It also allows you to switch back and forth between several saved comment databases, which is perfect for teachers who teach multiple subjects. Just make sure you save a copy of your CSV comment file.
The comments do not appear on the essay itself, nor would I want them to. That's what proofreader's marks are for. Uploading every single essay into an iPad and inserting the comments into them would take LONGER. It would be a nightmare. The whole idea here is to make grading easier, not harder.
I advise anyone thinking of downloading this app to move on to something else. The developers changed the app, ruined its ability to work for teachers and clearly have not seen the error in their approach and updated it. The old app worked wonderfully. You probably will lose many potential users of this app. I would never recommend it and I think I need to abandon it because it is become just too complicated to use. If it can happen to this product from this developer, it can happen with other products from this developer. I would be wary of downloading any apps from this developer for fear that a perfectly good working app will be ruined by an inability to think of the customers.
New version glitches
I wish I could recommend the latest version of the app, but unlike the previous version I have encountered frustrating glitches which are time-consuming. The early version automatically loaded in the comment databases and allowed instructors to customize easily. Now, there are too many steps to open the databases, which don't load or disappear each time I open the app. I wish I had never updated! Hopefully, a solution is in the works. Before this version, I was recommending this app highly to colleagues. No longer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.