Essential Anatomy is the most successful anatomy app of all time, with more content, features, structures and ease of use than any other anatomy app — bar none! Now with over 8,200 structures including female 3D model.
Download our FREE "Essential Skeleton" app in the free section to experience our groundbreaking 3D technology.
NOTE: Not compatible with MacBook Pro (2008) or earlier due to graphics card limitations.
- - Number 1 Top Grossing Medical App in 117 countries worldwide.
- - This app is the only one that can combine 3 stand alone apps. Don’t waste your time purchasing other stand alone apps for Muscle Premium and Skeleton Premium content - it’s all available with a price effective "in-app purchase" and just a fraction of the cost other companies charge. In Essential Anatomy - everything is available in one app (see in-app purchases below).
- - Stunning Graphics: No competitor comes close. Essential Anatomy’s proprietary engine was developed and optimized to showcase our new generation anatomical models for a completely immersive user experience. Other 3D Anatomy apps are limited by off-the-shelf gaming engines.
- - Easy Navigation: Instantly and seamlessly zoom into any area of the body, remove layers of muscle and turn on/off systems. Other apps are restricted to a multitude of limited predefined “views”.
- - Accurate Content: Essential Anatomy is used by hundreds of Anatomy Professors worldwide and has become the standard in third level education. In many cases, our app is now mandatory with text books optional.
- - Read the reviews of previous versions: Our visionary app has enhanced the lives of reviewers, both professionally and academically.
TUAW: "Make no mistake about it: Essential Anatomy by 3D4Medical is the future of touch-based anatomy learning. Essential Anatomy is an app every doctor, physiotherapist, OT, nurse and medical student should own."
IN APP PURCHASES:
In-app purchases allow additional muscle and skeletal content to be downloaded and accessed from within the app. These boosts add muscle insertion and origin points, skeletal bone parts and surfaces and 100s of animations detailing movements for each articulation.
Visit www.3D4medical.com and watch videos that highlight the app's functionality and quality. You’ll understand why Essential Anatomy 5 is the most successful medical reference app of all time!
ESSENTIAL ANATOMY 5
Essential Anatomy 5 is a full-featured anatomical reference app that includes MALE and FEMALE models, with 11 SYSTEMS and a total of 8,200 ANATOMICAL STRUCTURES. The app is fully 3D, meaning that you can view any structure in isolation, as well as from any angle. It represents the latest in groundbreaking 3D technology and innovative design. A cutting-edge 3D graphics engine, custom built by 3D4Medical, delivers outstanding quality graphics that no other competitor can achieve.
--Cutting-edge 3D technology
--Over 8,200 highly detailed anatomical structures
--Hide/Fade/Isolate/Fade Others/Hide Others options for individual structures
--Multiple Selection Mode
--Pins: Create customized pins with notes and place anywhere on the 3D model
--Slice: Slice through certain structures using 3D plane tool
--Bookmarks: Preset and Customizable
--Correct audio pronunciation and Latin nomenclature for every structure
--Search via English and Latin nomenclature
--Dynamic Quiz: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice
--Share images via social media and e-mail
--Includes anatomy for 11 systems: Skin, Skeletal, Muscles, Connective Tissue, Veins, Arteries, Nerves, Respiratory, Digestive, Urogenital, Lymphatic, also includes the Brain and Heart
Feedback or Question? Contact our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a prompt response!
Fixed minor issue
Ratings and Reviews
missing zoom functionality
This atlas permits one to rotate (left mouse button) and translate the camera (shift + left mouse button), but one cannot zoom. I was trying to learn about the anatomy of the hand. There is no way to zoom on the hand. One can only zoom onto a bone or muscle, but then the other anatomy is hidden. So, I had to view the hand from far away, which is a real bummer. I am a computer graphics expert; and this is such an obvious UI design mistake that it hurts. This stuff is taught in introductory classes to computer graphics!
Also, when one clicks on the help button (the “?” icon), it brings up a marketing website enticing me to buy more of their products. No product help. I was hoping there would be some instructions for how to pan, rotate and zoom the camera.
Beautiful images, but limited features
Clear images, true 3D-appearance, and ability to zoom and rotate. Single-click offers name of body part, pronunciation, ability to hide (erase from display), and fade/unfade.
After I hide a body part (erase it from display), I'd like a way to unhide it (put it back in display).
I'd like a way to move the image left-right and up-down. Currently dragging the image both moves it and rotates it. I'd like one way to move it, and a separate way to rotate it.
I can select only 1 body part at a time, with a single-click. Thus, if I want to "hide" many body parts to focus on one that's "inside," I need to click-and-hide many times (tedious). I'd like to be able to (for example) hold down the Apple key while I click on multiple body parts, then "hide" them all with a single keystroke.
AMAZING, BEST WAY TO LEARN ANATOMY FOR MED STUDENTS
I am a first year medical student and absolutely love this app! It includes just about everything you need to know for Anatomy. Picturing everything in 3D and being able to rotate the body helps so so much, especially for the nerves, vessels, and orientation of the organs to eachother. My experience would not be the same without it. A+ app :)
- 697.3 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014 3D4Medical.com LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.