Written by foremost experts in the field, the Essential Clinical Procedures app presents the latest common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures that you need to know as a physician assistant! Clear and concise, this medical reference book leads you step-by-step through over 70 techniques commonly seen in primary care and specialist settings, equipping you to deliver the best and safest care to your patients.
• Visualize procedures and other important concepts clearly through over 300 high-quality illustrations.
• Ensure the safe execution of procedures with a focus on patient preparation and the proper use of instruments, as well as warnings to alert you to potential dangers that can occur when performing various treatments.
• Be fully prepared for any situation with guidance on the possible complications, rationales, and precautions behind many common procedures.
• Understand the ins and outs of nonprocedural issues, including i informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
• Get all the hands-on guidance you need to provide safe and effective care to your patients with the Essential Clinical Procedures app!
This app is easy to navigate, allowing you to browse the contents or search for keywords and phrases. The search tool will find text, images and tables with one single fast search. The search tool shows you suggested words as you type so it is quick and helps with spelling issues. The text search results show the most relevant results at the top of the search. This app also lets you create bookmarks and notes, allowing you to customize the content to fit your needs. You can also change the text size for easier reading. No internet connection needed to view the full app. It is all ready for quick image and information retrieval.
Check out www.usatinemedia.com to learn more and watch a video demo of this app narrated by Dr. Richard P. Usatine.
This interactive app is based on the full content of Essential Clinical Procedures, 3rd Edition by Elsevier.
Richard W. Dehn, MPA, PA-C
Professor and Chair
Department of Physician Assistant Studies
College of Health and Human Services
Northern Arizona University Phoenix Biomedical Campus
David P. Asprey, PhD, PA-C
Professor and Chair
Department of Physician Assistant Studies and Services
Office of Student Affairs and Curriculum
Carver College of Medicine
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa
Disclaimer: This app is intended for the education of healthcare professionals and not as a diagnostic and treatment reference for the general population.
Developed by Usatine Media, LLC
Richard P. Usatine, MD, Co-President, Professor of Family & Community Medicine, Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Peter Erickson, Co-President, Lead Software Developer
- Usatine Media LLC
- 71.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Usatine Media LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.