Essentials of Fire Fighting 6th Ed Flashcards
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Designed to help students learn the key terms found in the IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting (6th ed.) manual, the flashcard app makes studying-on-the-go easier than ever. Knowing key terms allows you to understand content and can help you better understand how to apply the content you learn from the manual.
• 24 chapters
• 679 key terms
• Tracks correct and incorrect answers
• Answers with page references to the IFSTA Essentials of Fire Fighting (6th ed.) manual
• Ability to study multiple chapters simultaneously
• Ability to remove or reinsert questions from the flashcard deck
• Chapter 1: Orientation and Fire Service History - 18 Key Terms
• Chapter 2: Firefighter Safety and Health - 15 Key Terms
• Chapter 3: Fire Department Communications - 9 Key Terms
• Chapter 4: Building Construction - 35 Key Terms
• Chapter 5: Fire Behavior - 72 Key Terms
• Chapter 6: Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment - 32 Key Terms
• Chapter 7: Portable Fire Extinguishers - 11 Key Terms
• Chapter 8: Ropes, Webbing, and Knots - 28 Key Terms
• Chapter 9: Structural Search, Victim Removal, and Firefighter Survival - 12 Key Terms
• Chapter 10: Scene Lighting, Rescue Tools, Vehicle Extrication, and Technical Rescue - 22 Key Terms
• Chapter 11: Forcible Entry - 10 Key Terms
• Chapter 12: Ground Ladders - 8 Key Terms
• Chapter 13: Tactical Ventilation - 19 Key Terms
• Chapter 14: Water Supply - 22 Key Terms
• Chapter 15: Fire Hose - 33 Key Terms
• Chapter 16: Fire Streams - 39 Key Terms
• Chapter 17: Fire Control - 15 Key Terms
• Chapter 18: Loss Control - 8 Key Terms
• Chapter 19: Fire Origin and Cause Determination - 16 Key Terms
• Chapter 20: Fire Protection Systems - 45 Key Terms
• Chapter 21: Fire and Life Safety Initiatives - 2 Key Terms
• Chapter 22: Emergency Medical Care for Fire Department First Responders - 30 Key Terms
• Chapter 23: Hazards, Behavior, and Identification of Hazardous Materials - 58 Key Terms
• Chapter 24: Mitigating Haz Mat WMD Incidents - 55 Key Terms
OTHER HELPFUL PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE AT IFSTA.ORG
Visit our website at http://www.ifsta.org for more information.
What's New in Version 6.0.01
Added new screenshots to the App Store listing.
Not very flexible
No way to split up FFI and FFII. There is no option to choose to see the term, rather than definition first (you will always be presented with the definition and need to come up with the term). It would be helpful if it could remember your scores so you could easily see which chapters you are weaker in. As it stands, if you hit the menu button from the flash card screen, when you go back to the flash cards it will zero out your score, whether you'd been through 4 or 40. App has good potential but needs some modifications to make it really effective.
Would like the option for multiple-choice. for some reason? every answer is correct? Played around with the app I did 120 questions without reading The question,I kept hitting the correct button repeatedly and every answer was correct how is that? Then I did 50 questions in a row without reading The question? Sure enough they were correct. On the next question for the hell of it I hit incorrect, sure enough it was wrong it was wrong? I don't get it?
Get it. Its official.
Great app. Really good for getting used to the weird wording that IFSTA uses. I'm an idea/big picture guy, so this is good for me to understand the specifics.
Great for refreshing and honing.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 13, 2013
- Version: 6.0.01
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: International Fire Service Training Association
- © 2012 by the Board of Regents, Oklahoma State University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.