Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The all new ESV Bible app was designed to be the most beautiful and intuitive Bible app available. The app includes free resources such as personalized reading plans, audio streaming, and full access to the ESV Global Study Bible.
• Read. Features an elegant new interface designed specifically for mobile devices. Quick access to cross-references, split-screen reading, and a brand new reader’s mode help you engage with God’s Word on a deeper level.
• Study. Build your personal library by unlocking helpful resources like the award-winning ESV Study Bible via the in-app store.
• Apple Watch. Interact with God’s Word on your wrist with integrated reading plan support, custom reminders, audio, and more.
• Audio. Listen to a free audio reading of the biblical text (internet connection required).
• Reading Plans. Follow one of a variety of free reading plans to help you read the Word consistently.
• Search. Search by reference, keyword, or phrase with lightning speed.
• Write. Capture your ideas and reflections while listening to a sermon or during Bible study in personal notes attached to specific passages.
• Highlight. Highlight and bookmark favorite verses with just two taps.
• Sync. Sync your highlighted verses, bookmarks, notes, and purchased content with ESVBible.org—giving you access to all of your content from any browser.
• Share. Share verses with friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, and Twitter.
What's New in Version 3.2
- Added sort and clear options to search history
- Fixed a crash related to reading plans
- Fixed a bug related to the numbering of some footnotes
- Fixed a bug related to favorites and highlights not correctly sorting by date
- Fixed some bugs related to switching from portrait to landscape mode and back again
- Fixed a few bugs related to changing the app’s color theme
- Fixed two start up crashes
- Fixed a variety of other bugs and glitches
Audio listener-thank you!
Stable app with a clean look & sufficient options to make notes, highlight, and bookmark where you leave off each day. Search function is swift & easy to use for finding specific verses.
Thank you for helping me stay in the Word even when I'm traveling or unable to read the text myself. The reader voice is pleasant enough to listen to every day. It's not Max McLean, but there is adequate voice inflection to make the reading sound/feel authentic.
As my eye sight has gotten weaker, I find myself gravitating to audio for daily Bible reading. In the past I'd have preferred reading it myself, but since I do my reading in the morning when my eyes take awhile to focus, I had gotten away from daily reading.
The previous option for me was DAB (Daily Audio Bible) which I went completely through in 2014. DAB is an amazing ministry & it brings with it a strong sense of community. This year I wanted to read on my own, but I was inconsistent--I think because it's too hard to focus visually in the morning. When I realized ESV offered audio, I started reading again.
Great functionality & ease of finding new verses. When I use it to read along during Sunday morning worship, I'm able to access sermon book-verse very quickly. The top bar allows you to switch to other books (OT/NT) very easily. Bookmarks allow me to get right back to my morning verses on Monday. Great app! Thanks.
Not an improvement
I'm really saddened by this release. In looking at the things that have changed I can't say any of them are an improvement in my mind. For instance there is now a huge, hideous border on each side - why do I need or want this? I don't. I am reading on an electronic screen, not from a paper book. I don't need and in fact I don't want another border. Since this feature doesn't seem to be user configurable I'll end up not us no the app. This leaves me at a loss wondering how that is an improvement.
Another example might be the fonts and sizes. Small, medium, large - really?
I could go on and on with nitpicking the app but I think it would be better to simply say that there is this new and undesirable look and feel of cheap video game play to the new app. I end up feeling like I need to get stars for reading Genesis so I can unlock the book of John bonus.
My inclination is to give this one star but because the old app is still available I'm giving it two and going back to the better app.
Idea: enable user to create multiple "favorite" tracks
Love this app. No complaints. Just an idea to make it better and more useful for witnessing, study, teaching. I often create a series of "favorite" verses on a topic i'm studying. Then later I want to study a new topic or save a series of verses that would help me witness or counsel a friend who struggles with a particular issue. I use "favorites" as a way to list verses but I always have to erase it to list a new series. It would be great if I could create multiple verse lists for various topics and purposes from witnessing to counseling to studying. It would also be nice to have the option to make notes within each "favorite track" you create. But one step at a time is great! Thanks for all you do to make God's word accessible to a world that is starving for spiritual food.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 20, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Crossway
- © 2014 Crossway
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- ESV Study Bible$17.99
- ESV Gospel Transformation Bible$14.99