The eSchoolView KnowItAll application puts a school district in the palm of a user’s hands. It pulls critical information from a number of data points and places it in one repository with interactive capabilities. Students, parents, employees and community members are instantly connected to vital information as soon as the app is launched. Names, phone numbers and addresses are all coded to trigger a specific response: send an email, place a call or link to navigation tools, for example.
Key features include:
- Universal School System Directory: Users can access multiple districts or just one. Works great for families of teachers/employees who work in one school system and have children in another school district. Includes a searchable index.
- District Directory: All buildings in the school district are listed in KnowItAll through an easy-to-read list sorted by hierarchy and alpha order. The District office is at the top, followed by secondary schools, elementary buildings and the district’s preschools (where applicable).
- Building Directory. Contact information for each district/school building is available inside KnowItAll at the user’s fingertips and is coded with interactive triggers. Every building entry includes the following information: School Name, school phone number, principal’s name, school address, events calendar, staff directory, school news feed and website hyperlink.
- Staff Directory. An alpha-order directory inside KnowItAll drills down even further into each school and/or building with interactive links to email addresses and phone numbers for each staff member. A simple tap will place a call or send an email. Staff data is integrated with human resource databases to ensure up-to-the-minute accuracy.
- Events Calendar. Every event on the school district’s calendar from holidays to sporting events are pulled into the KnowItAll app. Users can choose from the district master calendar or use a building-specific calendar located on each building page. When an event changes on the district’s master calendar, the information is automatically updated in the KnowItAll app. Multiple events per day are listed in chronological order.
- Lunch Menus. Students and parents can use the KnowItAll app to check meal menus when they are on the go, enabling then to make snap decisions -- in the car from school to soccer home for homework -- easy (dare we say as pie).
- Athletic Schedule. A direct feed inside KnowItAll from HighSchoolSports.net gives parents, students, employees and community members up-to-date schedules of sporting events.
This update includes improvements to the look and feel of the app!
- iPhone 6, 7, 6+ and 7+ users will now see the app at the correct resolution, instead of magnified.
- News articles have been improved and now display an app specific version, rather than the full web version.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app. Directs community traffic to school website. Allows easy access to staff directory by district or by building. Events calendar by building a real bonus. Staff can do some editing of webpages through quick-edit.
This app could be much better
After taking me forever to figure out this app was for my school, I find it slightly disappointing. Let me start with a positive, I like you can email directly from your smart phone to someone you are trying to reach using the staff directory feature. I like you can call the school when you have selected the school you are looking for. What I don't like about the app, I have to toogle between schools and cannot look at muliptle schools at once as an option. I do not like that the principal is not listed for the schools. I would like to see the attendence line as an option to use as a phone number to school so a parent has can have an easier time calling off their child sick. I'd like to see staff titles on the staff directory and will the school lunch menu ever be an option to look at within the app?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.