By david hamp-gonsalves
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ethical Barcode exposes the environmental, social and ethical ramifications of the products you buy.
▸ HOW IT WORKS
• Scan product barcodes as you shop.
• Ethical Barcode will completely reveal the product's ownership and manufacturer.
• For each company in the chain you'll see relevant ratings, news and certifications from non-profit organisations.
• Spanning climate change, animal testing, GMO's, slave labor, sweat shops, LGBT rights and more.
• With this information you can shop with your heart as an ethical consumer, supporting brands that share your vision for our world.
• Instantly become an ethical consumer by making informed buying choices.
• Transparent ratings, news and certifications from non-profits and trusted third parties.
• Covering environmental, human rights, business and animal welfare issues.
• Eliminate green washing and deceptive branding to clearly determine a product's ownership.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
new data sources, updates and bug fixes.
Pretty good when it recognizes a product
Which doesn't seem to be often, I've scanned everything from my parents' GMO junk to my own vegan organic food brands and only a few showed up, like Dr. Bronner's.
Ethical shopping, yes please!
It's worked on everything I've scanned in my kitchen so far. Looking forward to trying it at the store!
Good idea but doesn't work
Downloaded the app loving the idea but every item I've scanned comes back as an error reading including companies shown in the app preview. Wish it would be fixed and work because as a vegan I love the idea.
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: May 12, 2015
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: david hamp-gonsalves
- © 2013 david hamp-gonsalves
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.