The Rail Planner App makes your Eurail or Interrail journey smooth and stress-free, whether you’re planning your next trip from your sofa or searching for your next train at the station.
It even works offline, so you don’t have to turn on your data or go hunting for wifi to get to your next destination.
Here’s what you can do:
• Find train times offline with our new-look journey planner – Search all of Europe, or only show trains included in your Global Pass so you know you’re covered.
• Plan your route and track it on the map in My Trip – View a day-by-day itinerary for easy trip planning or switch to map view to see all your journeys and connections.
• Book seat reservations straight from the app – Go online to buy reservations for popular trains in Italy and France, as well as selected international trains, and receive them by email.
• Save money with extra benefits and discounts – Search by country and get extra discounts on ferries, buses, accommodation and more across Europe with your Pass.
• Find answers to all your questions – Read FAQs for the app, your Eurail or Interrail Pass, and train services in every country for a smooth trip, wherever you’re heading.
High season is coming!
We are listening to your feedback and continuously improving. This update includes:
• Intermediate stop times to track if your train is still running on time.
These times are available in the detailed view of new searches in the Planner.
If you have saved journeys in MyTrip and want to see the intermediate stop times there you need to delete them and save them again.
• New timetable, including many more trains for the summer, especially for Italy and Spain!
• If you want to give feedback you can use the new app rating pop-up or write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
The new app doesn’t show all train options for global pass!!
NEEDS BUG FIX NOW!! This new version doesn’t have the correct train info!! The only way we know is because we’ve already bought seat reservations for a train from Lyon to Paris and when I went to double check connections my app had updated and we cannot get it to show the correct train time and route! Thank goodness my husband’s phone didn’t automatically update the app and we still have it until this bug is fixed. The seat booking part of the app still has the correct train route and time. So I cannot trust this app until the info on my new version matches my husband’s old version. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!! If you need the specific route it’s Lyon Part Dieu to Paris Gare de Lyon at 9:04 in the morning. This is super frustrating and scary as we’ve been using this app to plan travel for 5 weeks in Europe.
Developer Response ,
Dear DowellAJ, thank you for sharing your experience.
Both the old and new app use the same European train database for the train time tables so this shouldn't make a difference.
The timetables come from each railway carrier and are updated monthly. I will investigate and involve the French railways if needed.
Good for long route, not local directions
This app gave us very bad directions for local routing to get to our longer train. It sent us 45 minutes out of the way, leading to a 25€ taxi ride in order to avoid missing our train. I recommend verifying any route with another map application before embarking out.
I can not download the app....
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.