The brand-new Eureka Times-Standard mobile app is the most comprehensive, accurate, and content-rich source of local news for the communities of Eureka and the North Coast.
Here are just a few of the many features of our new app:
• Improved push notifications for Breaking News
• Attractive layout for ease of use
• Convenient sharing capabilities
• Frequent updates to ensure the latest news is always at your disposal
This release includes bug fixes, and optimizations.
• Resolved a bug that prevented Google Analytics from working as expected.
• Improved Push notification subscription tracking.
• Resolved an issue that prevented badges from updating and clearing correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Every so often for the last few years I'll try to check the news in my area via this app. Sometimes it has been updated with new information but usually it just shows news from days or weeks prior. With no consistency to their product I couldn't see investing in a paid subscription, which is what the app asks you to do when you click on every article. When it works I get excited, but that is rare compared to the frustration from wasting my time on failed attempts. Once again I'll be deleting this app to find my local news elsewhere.
Works fine, but news is infrequently updated
The app itself seems great and I love it when they actually post news. However, sometimes it isn't updated for days and by the time new content is up, it isn't new anymore and I've heard about it from another source. Would be 4-5 stars if someone updated minimum of once per day.
Surprisingly it works well and is free. Read everything you can on their website with out paying. Content is updated the same time it is on the website.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.