Speech Evaluate is a mobile application that facilitates timely, detailed feedback for presenters. This easy-to-use, time saving app will revolutionize time-to-feedback delay. Imagine being able to have all of your presentation feedback emailed to your presenters as soon as they finish their talk. This application allows you to achieve this dream.
Through a pre-populated rubric, you can easily provide detailed descriptive and proscriptive feedback to presenters. The rubric is divided into four broad evaluation areas. Each area contains specific evaluation criteria. Each criterion allows you to provide a numeric rating via a slider bar as well as written feedback that can be selected from a pre-populated drop down list. You can also add items to the drop down lists as novel behavior arises or to adjust to your own verbiage. Upon saving your feedback, you are allowed the opportunity to add general/overall feedback.
Your feedback is saved and linked to a specific class. You can later review your feedback or adjust it.
1. Pre-populated evaluation criteria.
2. Customizable comments.
3. Save multiple presentations per presenter.
4. Password protected to keep information safe.
5. Send feedback to presenters in PDF format.
6. Group presenters into classes.
7. In-app help and instructions.
Complete new look and feel
Added new class editor and custom template creator
Allow user to share their own custom templates.
Ratings and Reviews
Useless now, but huge potential
The app has most of the structure in place to solve all speech grading problems (speech timer, editable comment bank, PDF generator and email capability, class creation, rubric), it is the lack of functionality of the structure that is the problem.
1. PDF comment form is useless. The generated PDF does not accurately reflect the comments the user inputs. Either the comments show, but not in the correct category of evaluation, or they are completely missing. This makes the app useless right now. If this were fixed...that would be huge.
2. Rubric is not editable. Changing the categories is not an option and needs to be. Instructors need to be able to at least choose from the possible catergories. Ideally, we should be able to create our own.
3. The necessary information required to grade a speech needs to be made optional. The instructor needs to be able to choose what info to enter. (E.g. "Topic" is a weird category to require. )
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.