Our new name is Facebook Local! We’ve updated our events app to help you discover places and things to do recommended by friends you know and trust.
Keep up with what’s happening locally—wherever you are—whether you’re looking for something to do with friends this weekend or want to explore a new neighborhood.
* See the most recent activity, events and places your friends are interacting with and updates from event hosts and Pages you follow.
* Find events and activities happening near you on an interactive map and filter by time, category, location and more.
* Get recommendations based on what's popular with your friends, things you've been to in the past, Pages you like and our curated Guides.
* Choose to add calendars from your phone to see all of your plans in one place.
* Opt-in to get notifications about your upcoming events so you know if details change.
* Ability to search for events, places and activities nearby or in another city or neighborhood.
* Browse timely Guides to find events, places and things to do by category.
* See event invitations you haven’t responded to at the top of your calendar.
* Explore Local Lists of recommended events and places in more than 60 cities.
Thanks for downloading Facebook Local! We're always making changes and improvements to give you the best experience possible. Along with fixing a few bugs, we're also adding some new features to help you better search for things to do and places to go.
- Map-first experience: Open up the app to a redesigned home tab that shows you events and activities happening near you - all on our interactive new map experience.
- Guides: Create and manage custom guides in addition to browsing curated guides.
- Your Places and Events: View and manage all your places and events in one place.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work
This app fails on a lot of levels. Let me start my saying that the ONLY thing keeping me on FB is events. And I prefer not to get sucked into scrolling through news feed. So,I was hoping for something that would allow me to organize event invites from Facebook in one place without using the FB app, and for that task this app fails miserably. If you’re looking for something that allows you to search events in your area, this is your jam. But in my case, the only way to see upcoming events from FB that I am hosting/attending/invited to is to scroll painfully through the calendar (that doesn’t even mark events I’m attending with a dot). So essentially, unless I know it’s there and go looking, I’m not likely to find it. In addition, when I’m searching events in my area, there are not good ways to remove events I’m not interested in or to see the ones I would like to attend in one spot.
What I’d really like is a place that lists only events I’m invited to/attending/hosting and ones I have starred as interested in. I’d also like to be able to easily create an event and invite friends - without logging into the whole Facebook app. This app is a good concept but needs more work.
I’m terrible at billiards anyhow...
I searched pool table to try to find a local spot with a pool table. It brought up a place in Logansville Georgia that sold pool tables, and a place in Breaton England that had a free pool table on Wednesday’s. Well, today is Wednesday, but I live in Louisville, Kentucky. So I don’t think I’ll make it before last call.
I really hope that this app helps people to find exciting nightlife that they are looking for nearby. Some suggestions, there are a lot of repeat events for each category, that’s annoying. And then a news feed that is basically just the same as opening Facebook. For the feed, you should make it only people that you follow so you can choose to see who is talking about nightlife events in particular. And if a business has any details in their about section, or makes a post like “free pool tables on Wednesday” then hopefully only the nearby places will pop up. I would be surprised if a single bar in Louisville doesn’t have a single bit of info about a pool table on there pages. Anyway. Keep it up, hopefully this app lives up to its potential. Cheers!
Decent and Much Room for Improvement
I deleted the Facebook app and started using this a couple weeks ago because it’s pretty much the only thing I’m using FB for nowadays. It’s decent and a lot of room for improvement if this is a product the FB team plans on building and maintaining.
1) BUG: After the most recent update, the notification page won’t load. Going to the page in the app or clicking on a notification of an event would only lead me to the loading circle and a blank page
2) BUG: If I click on a venue to like go see more details the app crashes
3) Customization of notifications would be huge. This is something I would appreciate in FB itself as well. For instance, I don’t want the notification that says “your daily guide is ready to view” but to turn that off I’m turning off all notifications
4) The search can be further improved for sure. I’m not sure if this is an existing feature but can’t check because bug #2 lol. If you go to a venue and can see events at the venue or have notification settings for venues that would be great.
I really hope this is not something the FB made and will just not maintain. I enjoyed using it for the most part so far
- Facebook, Inc.
- 351 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.