Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Evernote Peek is a learning app designed for the iPad 2 Smart Cover. No Smart Cover? No problem! The new Virtual Cover lets any iPad get in on the fun. Studying with an iPad has never been more natural. Simply peek under the cover to prepare for a quiz, practice a language or strengthen your memory.
First, choose something to study. Either pick a notebook from your Evernote account or select from the featured publishers.
If you have a Smart Cover, then peek under the cover to see the clue, lift the cover higher to see the answer. Close the cover and repeat.
If you don't have a Smart Cover, then simply enable the Virtual Cover in Settings. Now, you can swipe and peek on any iPad.
Create your own study notebooks:
Adding your own study materials to Peek is easy, just connect Peek to your Evernote account. If you don't have Evernote, get it for free on your iPad, desktop or mobile device.
In Evernote, either choose an existing notebook or make a new one to use with Peek. The note title will become the clue and the note body will become the answer. For best results, keep the clue to one sentence and the answer to around three sentences.
In Evernote Peek, tap the Add button to add your Evernote notebooks.
What's New in Version 2.3.3
Love it! But...
I just recently was introduced to this app, and love it! It has been very helpful in studying for exams. Compared to other note or flash card apps, I'd say Evernote Peek has the upper hand in ease of use. I plan on using it for the rest of my courses.
There are two things I wish could be improved upon:
1) As others have mentioned, the virtual cover doesn't always "work right" and IMO, when it does it's a little slow. I think if you could just 'tap' the segment of the cover you want to unveil, rather than swipe, that would make a bunch of people happy! Ü
2) I wish you could see more of the "answer" section. That's an awful lot of screen for only 3 sentences. Maybe users could choose a smaller font size if they wanted to include more information?
Nice idea but lacking
I'm a premium Evernote user and am always looking at new ways to use it. Peek works as advertised but is lacking in some areas (maybe just documentation to show me how to do what I want):
- It doesn't automatically update the notebook data from Evernote. Took me a long time to figure out how to do it manually.
- font needs to be adjustable. Cuts off questions and answers.
- needs to make better use of the whole screen. E.g. Longer answers
- want to be able to import pictures and drawing as part of questions and/or answers.
The best thing about Peek is that I can use Evernote to create questions and answers on a real computer using a real keyboard and mouse. It is so much faster.
Best Study App, forget about Quizlet.
I this app works great! I truly fell in love with it. Studying for me is no longer tedious work. I can quickly type it up on any device that work with Evernote, and I can use my information from Evernote on Peek. I did not get the hang of peek until I realized the title was the clue/question and the body is the note. I really recommend this to anyone. Quizlet, sorry.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 31, 2013
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 73.7 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Evernote
- © Evernote Corporation 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.